Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

alright guys i got some pictures up on my 597 and the reason i have the pictures up is that the paint is coming off the gun alre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alright guys i got some pictures up on my 597 and the reason i have the pictures up is that the paint is coming off the gun alre

alright guys i got some pictures up on my 597 and the reason i have the pictures up is that the paint is coming off the gun already in some areas go check it out and say what i should do here but if you cant say it here say it there.

You have only had this a few days. I would either return it or call Remington ASAP. This should not be happening.

Comment

two things what do you mean by return it i thought all firearm purchases are finale and the place that i bought it from said that they would send it back to them for free but when you mean return it do you mean i could go back tto the store and get a different 597?

Comment

Have them send it back to Remington. I doubt they would give you a different one.

Comment

Consumer Services / Parts & Service
          Phone: 1-800-243-9700
          Fax: 1-336-548-7801

-Call and explain what is happening.

Comment

ok thanks guys i will do what jm said about calling and if they dont do anything then ill bring it back to fleet farm and they can return it also how much does have to be off because theres not THAT much off but it does upsett me and i put up the pictuers and also i think more pain would easily come off also has this happened to any of you withh remington fire arms. thanks

Comment

After just a few days no paint should of come of at all...no I have never had paint come off a Remington firearm (my Remington pistol has wear on the paint, but thats due to long term wear).

Comment

Any update on whats going on Blake?

Comment

well i havent asked my dad to bring it back yet because hes had so much work fixing stuff that its not right to ask but i might soon. also is it worth returnining the gun with the paint cominig off not much but a little and works very well then risking getting a better one with a new paint job but doesnt work well or even if they give me the one i have is it worth risking them giving it a new paint job and it sucks or getting a new paint job but they have done crap to the internals and make it suck( i have herd way to many of those stories.)and very in acurrate or move were your sights were set up.

Comment

Personally I would not worry about it. I would just keep the rifle clean/dry. May not be the prettiest, but the way it functions is all that matters(If you are worried you could put waterproof tape on the barrel - many companies make some great waterproof camo tape now).

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Covid-19
                      by jhjimbo
                      Any indication a game animal can get the virus ? The news had a case of a dog in I think NC that got the virus.

Tucker Carlson had a guest...
                      09-17-2020, 10:38 PM
                    • Spur of the moment rifle
                      by Amflyer
                      I stopped in the local Scheels the other day so see about getting some IMR 4831. As a slow-ish old school powder I thought that the current buying craze...
                      09-17-2020, 11:25 AM
                    • The $20 Shooting Shack
                      by fitch270
                      So we’ve been doing some outside remodeling and dismantled some decking. The stuff wasn’t good enough to reuse on the house when we redo the decks...
                      09-16-2020, 10:23 PM
                    • When is it equipment vs when it is you?
                      by dewman
                      one of my range only pals stopped by last night. I showed him my new mk4 and he showed me his. He had spent a lot of $ on upgrades. A lot. Showed me some...
                      09-15-2020, 08:42 AM
                    • Dewman goes Teal hunting.
                      by dewman
                      So one of the farmers who doesn't hunt doves does hunt rails & snipe which opened the 1st, and teal which opened yesterday (Saturday). He asked me...
                      09-13-2020, 04:48 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X