Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hey guys i bought a remington 597 and for some reason the iron sight wwas like locked when i tried to push it back with the alle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hey guys i bought a remington 597 and for some reason the iron sight wwas like locked when i tried to push it back with the alle

hey guys i bought a remington 597 and for some reason the iron sight wwas like locked when i tried to push it back with the allen rench screw out so we tried putting on a cheap tasco scope and the front screw was striped and well lets say when my dad was tightening it the scope came off and scraped my new gun so if annoyne can recomend some kinda paint that would be good for touching up the scratches in the gun and also some paint for the trigger and the action handel it seems like neither were painted well and ive only shot like 22 rounds of .22 out of it and both are allready having paint come off.

DuraCoat or Krylon will work for any part of the gun.
    -If you explain the problem with the iron sights a bit more I could proably help you figure it out.
    -I know you have only shot around 20 times, but does it seem to be shooting alright?

Comment

yes yes yes it is probably the best .22lr semi auto i have ever shot it has not jammed once and ive now fired about 100 some and it is perfect i got the sights to work they had them sighted in at 100yards so my dad helped lower it down and it is very very accurate for a .22lr semi auto and my dad found this pen thing that is for touch ups and scratches and it has filled it in well and yes it is for guns. i am very very happy with my purchase. i like the fact that it is drirreld and tapped for big scopes but it also has rimfire grooves for rimfire scopes. over all its a nice gun i do wwish the stock was nicer and had a more rubbery feel to it for more grip than the kinda slipperey stock also i wish it had the tru glo sights for my night time shooting but the sights on it will be fine. but as i use it more i will say more about it but yes it is very fun and very nice.

Comment

-Glad it is working well for you(especially since I have been recommending a 597 since you started asking questions so I would of felt bad if it wasnt)
        -They sell tons of aftermarket stocks for the 597 if you wanted to look into that.
        -Also I am curious, what ammo. are you shooting?

Comment

well this is gonna sound really sad but winchester block 333 ammo with the new white box instead of the old red one and they are hollow point.

Comment

also where is a good place to buy aftermarket stocks and is it worth it?

Comment

Try Graff and Sons, Natchez Shooters supply, Sportsmen's Guide, or Cheaper tha dirt.

Comment

Well forget those I listed. If you google it you can find some sources for tactical type stocks and Boyd's has some nice laminates. Boyd's are excellent stocks by the way.

Comment

If that is a new gun, it should go back to Remington with a strong letter of explanation. They might not give you any satisfaction on the scratches, but the finish should not be coming off other surfaces and they should make good the problems with the original sight.

Comment

ok thanks but is it worth buying????

Comment

I believe you will get used to the current stock, but if you aren't able to then I would look into a new one.

Comment

They make do it yourself reblueing kits, we used on on a marlin bolt action 12 guage, and a 20 gauge single shot H&R shot gun and both turned out great

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Home Defense
                          by jhjimbo
                          If you are using your bird gun for double duty of house defense remember to remove the plug. Might as well have full magazine capacity. Also, I have...
                          Yesterday, 02:15 PM
                        • Pay it forward
                          by fitch270
                          I'm not sure how much interest this will generate but I figured I'd give it a shot and see how it goes. As a way of saying thanks for the help and entertainment...
                          10-18-2020, 01:34 PM
                        • Reloading Gear Order
                          by fitch270
                          I have a bunch of stuff in a cart at Midway and wanted to check with you guys before I place the order. A few things on the cheap side I want to make...
                          10-17-2020, 08:31 AM
                        • Ruger Oops! Round 2
                          by dewman
                          Asked girls if they want it. (Mk4 Hunter) No. We want another rifle so we aren't sharing the one single shot. Some phone calls and a pal & me meet...
                          10-16-2020, 03:20 PM
                        • Who hunts big game with a handgun?
                          by Ernie
                          Any handgun hunters here?
                          Describe your hunting handguns (With Pics!) whether they be revolvers, semi-autos or single-shot specialty pistols.
                          10-16-2020, 02:01 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X