Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is a good brand and model for a bolt action .223 caliber rifle? I want something that is accurate and good quality, but not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a good brand and model for a bolt action .223 caliber rifle? I want something that is accurate and good quality, but not

What is a good brand and model for a bolt action .223 caliber rifle? I want something that is accurate and good quality, but not something thats going to break the bank.

Check out Savage Varmint Series rifles. You can get either synthetic or wood stock and the Accu-trigger system can't be toppled!

Comment

Savage model 111.

Comment

I agree with the Savage. I have a 25-06 and a 300 winmag. Both very accurate and very smooth action. Accu trigger system as said above is great. I have wood stocks on both of mine, but nothing wrong with the synthetic.

Comment

Yup, I would say pretty much any Savage, I don't think you can go wrong with that brand.
          Otherwise, I've heard the budget-model Weatherbys are pretty good, but I don't know if any of them are chambered in .223.

Comment

You can't go wrong with a Savage, just make sure it has the Accu-trigger. But don't over look a Weatherby Vanguard, or Ruger, Or Remington.

Comment

The savage axis comes in left and right hand, is under $400 (Canada), the righty model comes with a scope and it comes in 223 to 30-06 but it doesn't have accu-trigger

Comment

remington 700 sps varmint for hunting well varmints and like everyone else savage guns for if its legal in tour state to shooot deer with it.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget