Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Value of a Ruger Single Six Old Model .22, Flatgate. Manufactured August 1954. Serial #1995. Has orginal everything including bo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Value of a Ruger Single Six Old Model .22, Flatgate. Manufactured August 1954. Serial #1995. Has orginal everything including bo

Value of a Ruger Single Six Old Model .22, Flatgate. Manufactured August 1954. Serial #1995. Has orginal everything including box, gun wrapping paper, black grips, original purchase reciept, etc. Has transfer bar installed, but original parts returned by Ruger. Second owner. Shot very little. Safe Queen. Revolver looks like new, no wear, rust, etc. Even have Super X .22 ammo in original boxes from late 50's and 60's. Collector grade.

One in "80% Condition" without the original box or anything soldfor 450$ according to Cabelas website, so yours should be worth considerably more. As for the ammunition I do not think it in itself is worth anything, but maybe as a bundle sell it would up the price a bit.

Comment

JM1993, there are plenty of ammo collectors who will pay good money for vintage ammo in orginal packaging.
      As for the value of your wheelgun,I couldnt offer a reliable answer as Im not familiar with a model that old.

Comment

I tried searching the Internet for value, but couldn't come up with anything substantial for value.
        You can try Rugercollectorsassociation.com for value.
        Try writing the NRA. They have a section in their American Rifleman magazine that is labeled 'I Have This Old Gun'. I am sure the NRA would be interested in what you have. They probably would do a write up in their 'I Have This Old Gun' about your Ruger seeing on how you have the original box, gun wrapping paper, black grips, original purchase receipt, etcetera.
        The only thing I could see hurting the value of the gun is it having the transfer bar. But you say that you have the original parts to bring it to its original condition which is good. A competent gunsmith should be able to restore the gun to its original state. I don't know if Ruger would restore the gun seeing on how it is a safety upgrade, but who knows Ruger probably would do it.
        The ammo has a value to it. There's people out there who buy, sell and collect old ammo boxes and ammo.
        Nice gun with extras that you have. I wouldn't sell it.

Comment

A great condition, 95% plus, with no box sold for $770 on Gunbroker about six months ago. It may still be viewable in their advanced search of completed auctions. Since, that sale, as part of a 95% plus collection of single sixes sold, they have gone up. I paid $370 for a beater flatgate and $350 for an 80%er, no boxes, no papers. The box adds hundreds to the original gun. The grips alone sell for $200. The package you describe could sell in an online auction for more than $1000; could approach $1200. I would pay $1000 for it today. So there you have it; what a willing buyer would pay a willing seller.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Remington news
            by fitch270
            Just caught this on another forum, wanted to pass it along and get thoughts from anyone interested. Hopefully something good will come out of it.
            09-27-2020, 05:55 PM
          • Grips and stocks
            by dewman
            so I was shooting the 357 I received from my father yesterday afternoon. The magnas that came on it gave me a good grip but were small enough to make...
            09-27-2020, 08:55 AM
          • Youth pheasant hike
            by fitch270
            Just the girl and the younger dog today. Ok, so we went hunting but she didn't pop a primer.

Started out with a guilt trip, I let the dogs...
            09-26-2020, 08:41 PM
          • Son of a Fitch; goin' mobile
            by fitch270
            Kid got his drivers license today, only points off were for not actually turning to look behind him when he pulled out from parallel parking. I told him...
            09-25-2020, 08:27 PM
          • Unusual Sound
            by jhjimbo
            At camp in S. Ohio I was almost asleep and I heard the strangest howl-screech, bark that I have ever heard. Raised the hair on my neck. About 30min later...
            09-25-2020, 02:17 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X