Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does a 25-06 have less or more recoil than a 12 gauge 2 3/4" and I am left handed but I can't find any decent left hand bolt, pu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does a 25-06 have less or more recoil than a 12 gauge 2 3/4" and I am left handed but I can't find any decent left hand bolt, pu

Does a 25-06 have less or more recoil than a 12 gauge 2 3/4" and I am left handed but I can't find any decent left hand bolt, pump or lever rifles but I can sort of shoot with a right hand boly but I like to use the lever. What should I do?

Why not go with a 30-30 lever action? I am left handed and have used one my entire life.

Comment

I would look at the Savage bolt actions. They have quite a selection in various calibers. You haved asked a lot of questions about recoil and I don't know how to describe it, it varies from person to person.

Comment

The only accurate answers you will get about recoil is by shooting it yourself. Worry less about how much it kicks and whether you can hit a 3 inch circle with every shot. Man up and take the guns outback and send a few rounds down range. Sorry if i seem sorta rash with my statement but you will save yourself alot of time by just trying it. You will flinch and miss if you think about the recoil. Tuck it into your shoulder and squeeze.

Comment

I shoot left handed and use right handed rifles/shotguns albeit I am a disadvantage in getting a second shot off quickly. That has helped me by forcing me to make sure the first shot is a kill shot. From my experience I'd say the 12 gauge would have more recoil. As others have mentioned, shoot them both and decide for yourself. JM1993 has a great suggestion, use a lever action, I use a Marlin 1895 and find it easy to use.

Comment

I shoot left handed and use right handed rifles/shotguns albeit I am a disadvantage in getting a second shot off quickly. That has helped me by forcing me to make sure the first shot is a kill shot. From my experience I'd say the 12 gauge would have more recoil. As others have mentioned, shoot them both and decide for yourself. JM1993 has a great suggestion, use a lever action, I use a Marlin 1895 and find it easy to use.

Comment

I shoot 12 guage all the time

Comment

I shoot 12 guage all the time

Comment

If you shoot a 12 gauge you should be able to take the 25-06, like the other guys said don't be scared of recoil learn how to handle it. Check out Ruger fire arms they offer the 25-06 in a lefty.

Comment

Look for a Savage Mod 170-30/30 Pump Rifle it has a Tang safty short stock with a recoil pad, used $200.00

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Remington news
                      by fitch270
                      Just caught this on another forum, wanted to pass it along and get thoughts from anyone interested. Hopefully something good will come out of it.
                      09-27-2020, 05:55 PM
                    • Grips and stocks
                      by dewman
                      so I was shooting the 357 I received from my father yesterday afternoon. The magnas that came on it gave me a good grip but were small enough to make...
                      09-27-2020, 08:55 AM
                    • Youth pheasant hike
                      by fitch270
                      Just the girl and the younger dog today. Ok, so we went hunting but she didn't pop a primer.

Started out with a guilt trip, I let the dogs...
                      09-26-2020, 08:41 PM
                    • Son of a Fitch; goin' mobile
                      by fitch270
                      Kid got his drivers license today, only points off were for not actually turning to look behind him when he pulled out from parallel parking. I told him...
                      09-25-2020, 08:27 PM
                    • Unusual Sound
                      by jhjimbo
                      At camp in S. Ohio I was almost asleep and I heard the strangest howl-screech, bark that I have ever heard. Raised the hair on my neck. About 30min later...
                      09-25-2020, 02:17 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X