Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am in the market for a side arm while hunting. I have taken a real intrest in the Springfield XD and XDM in the 45 and the 40

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am in the market for a side arm while hunting. I have taken a real intrest in the Springfield XD and XDM in the 45 and the 40

I am in the market for a side arm while hunting. I have taken a real intrest in the Springfield XD and XDM in the 45 and the 40 caliber with the 3.8 (compact size). I like them both and cant decide what caliber to buy. Can anyone give me some recomendations on the caliber and weather its worth the extra $100 - $200 for the XDM as opposed to the XD

you get what you pay for. I lean towards the ,45

Comment

I have not shot the XD but have shot the XDm. XDm has a very smooth trigger and short reset. My understanding is the XD & XDm are the same other than a few new features like the grip and match grade barrel. I don't know why you need a match grade barrel in a defense gun but it is included. the only thing I do not like about them are they have fixed sights, but once again it is a defense pistol. I know the debate can get heated but why not consider the 9mm? If you plan to shot alot with it, 9mm is much cheaper and does have stopping power and is far easier to handle giving you more accuracy.

Comment

Also never heard a bad thing about them. My brother owns one and never had any problem. A guy I work with has one and we go shooting at least once weekly, he has had no problems along with several others that regularly shoot at the range we go to. The owner of the range and store said last friday that if he didn't pay $3000+ for the custom Kimber on his hip he would be carrying the XDm. Along with the owner two guys the shoot matches that work there and are sponsored by Glock said they carry an XDm outside of work where they are not risking there sponsorship! I own a SR9c so I'm not bias on this and I'm giving you an honest assesment of this gun.

Comment

I have the XD in .40 and have never had any problems with it. Based on my experience with it I would recommend it to anyone

Comment

I carry my XD 45 while bear hunting and I have no fears. Shoots great, XD or XDM can't go wrong with either.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Home Defense
              by jhjimbo
              If you are using your bird gun for double duty of house defense remember to remove the plug. Might as well have full magazine capacity. Also, I have...
              Today, 02:15 PM
            • Pay it forward
              by fitch270
              I'm not sure how much interest this will generate but I figured I'd give it a shot and see how it goes. As a way of saying thanks for the help and entertainment...
              10-18-2020, 01:34 PM
            • Reloading Gear Order
              by fitch270
              I have a bunch of stuff in a cart at Midway and wanted to check with you guys before I place the order. A few things on the cheap side I want to make...
              10-17-2020, 08:31 AM
            • Ruger Oops! Round 2
              by dewman
              Asked girls if they want it. (Mk4 Hunter) No. We want another rifle so we aren't sharing the one single shot. Some phone calls and a pal & me meet...
              10-16-2020, 03:20 PM
            • Who hunts big game with a handgun?
              by Ernie
              Any handgun hunters here?
              Describe your hunting handguns (With Pics!) whether they be revolvers, semi-autos or single-shot specialty pistols.
              10-16-2020, 02:01 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X