Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone on here light a stike-anywhere match with a bullet? Without using some stupid contraption to hold the gun for them!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone on here light a stike-anywhere match with a bullet? Without using some stupid contraption to hold the gun for them!

Can anyone on here light a stike-anywhere match with a bullet? Without using some stupid contraption to hold the gun for them!

I've done it with a .22, but I sure didn't do it with the first shot---or the second, or third---as a matter of fact, I think I was into my second box of shells before I did it. Also, this was quite a few years back when strike anywhere matches truly lived up to their name and you could pop them with your thumbnail or light them on the hip pocket of your jeans.

Comment

I will let you know tomorrow. 7.65 arg. or .22?

Comment

When I was young my father let me use his single shot 22. I was allowed one box of shorts per month and I had to make that do. I was supposed to keep the blue jays out of the scuppernongs with the gun. I would sit out by the arbor all day and get bored so I tried the match striking thing. The arbor was built in three sections, each about ten feet long. I set up the matches in the ground at one end of the arbor and shot from the other. I ended up wasting my months allowance of shorts shooting at the kitchen matches but never got one to lite. I did however hit the match heads quite a few times. All the noise from the shooting did keep the blue jays away for at least one day. My father was mad because I wasted the shorts and for the next two weeks I had to defend the honor of the muscadines armed only with my trusty Daisy BB gun. Now today at my age and with my eyes, I would be darn lucky to just see a match head at thirty feet.

Comment

I never tried that one but we did like to shoot the tacks out of the target when we finished.

Comment

never did...but I used to shoot playing cards in half with the thin side facing me. That was always fun

Comment

While practicing free hand shooting shot a lot of match heads off; not a single one ever lit, many times just grazed the top of them and they still didn't light. Last year we tried some tracer rounds which did not light the matches either. I have shot the wicks off lit candles putting them out.
              later,
              charlie

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget