Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any problems with glock? I bought a model 23 in 40 cal after a trip to the range I was puzzled when it shot 2.5 FT low at 25 yar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any problems with glock? I bought a model 23 in 40 cal after a trip to the range I was puzzled when it shot 2.5 FT low at 25 yar

Any problems with glock? I bought a model 23 in 40 cal after a trip to the range I was puzzled when it shot 2.5 FT low at 25 yards. I shot from a rest and tried 3 different types of ammo.

Wish I could help you, but my Glock 22 .40 cal shoots just fine for me. You don't hear a lot of complaints about Glock---you might contact the company and ask them. Good luck---I know how frustrating it is to have a gun that won't shoot the way you want it to.

Comment

Never had an issue with my Glock 19. I am afraid that I too am useless to you.
      I would suggest returning the pistol and having Glock send you a new one. They are pretty good about customer service.

Comment

i have shot a lot of ammo through glock's and have seen this happen before. it probually isnt the gun it probually is the way you are shooting. it sounds like that when you are shooting the gun you are anticipating the recoil and pushing the muzzle down so the gun doesnt jump as hard at 25 yardsthis would cause you to shoot that low. if this is your problem do some dri firing exercises by putting spent casings in your matgazine along with live rounds in a random order. if you are anticipating recoil you will feel yourself lunge forward when you hit the spent casing. good luck and happy shooting!

Comment

Also do a visual inspection of the gun and make sure the rear sitght is seated properly

Comment

Never had a problem with a Glock shooting at or at least near point of aim. Is it a new one or used? Some of the older Glocks had issues with the sights working loose, but this should be obvious with a visual inspection. Did it group consistently low, or was it scattering the shots all over? Consistent, tight groups would indicate that the sights are off, but loose groups or all over the place would be point to a sight that's loose in its dovetail or a failure in technique. Do you know anyone who has a Ransom Rest or other machine rest? That would help to eliminate any shooter error from the equation and narrow down the issue.

Comment

My Glock 30 shoots a few of inches left at 30 feet. Assumed it was me for the longest time until I rented others of the same model from the range and didn't have that particular problem. I don't think the sights are adjustable on it, but hey, now I know and it's not like it's a target pistol. Reading the above, I'd think that if the issue was the rear aperture not being seated it would be high, which would force you to bring the muzzle up to compensate and you're groups would be above the target, not below. But maybe it can be seated past flush?

Comment

I have a Glock 30 in 10mm it shoots at point of ame!
                have a gunsmith look it over or rent one at a range
                and see is it you or the gun????

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Outdoor Life archives
                  by Scott123
                  Has anyone missed reading Outdoor Life cover to cover archives? I get the run around on the phone about it may come back. Anyone else read it besides...
                  Yesterday, 11:23 PM
                • Blade Stain
                  by jhjimbo
                  Anybody have tips for getting stains off knife blades. I have a nice, K-Bar I would like to clean up and a 3" Western. All different kinds of stains,...
                  Yesterday, 11:40 AM
                • Home Defense
                  by jhjimbo
                  If you are using your bird gun for double duty of house defense remember to remove the plug. Might as well have full magazine capacity. Also, I have...
                  10-20-2020, 02:15 PM
                • Pay it forward
                  by fitch270
                  I'm not sure how much interest this will generate but I figured I'd give it a shot and see how it goes. As a way of saying thanks for the help and entertainment...
                  10-18-2020, 01:34 PM
                • Reloading Gear Order
                  by fitch270
                  I have a bunch of stuff in a cart at Midway and wanted to check with you guys before I place the order. A few things on the cheap side I want to make...
                  10-17-2020, 08:31 AM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X