Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm looking for a good deer rifle at a decent price (around $350) and was wondering suggestions from people on a flat shooting r

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm looking for a good deer rifle at a decent price (around $350) and was wondering suggestions from people on a flat shooting r

I'm looking for a good deer rifle at a decent price (around $350) and was wondering suggestions from people on a flat shooting rifle that has good accuracy at 100-250 yards. please include the price and how it shot for you. Thanks

Remington Model 770 bolt action. i have mine in .243 and she shoots perfect out to 100. (haven't tried to shoot any farther). i got mine used but i checked the price and it is $299.99 plus tax on cabelas.com.Only problem is that you cant buy it online.
    here is the link for it.
    http://www.cabelas.com/product/Shooting/Centerfire-Rifles/Bolt-Action%7C/pc/104792580/c/105522480/sc/105523380/Remington174-Model-7708482-RifleScope-Combo/706365.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse%2Fshoot ing-centerfire-rifles-bolt-action%2Fremington%2F_%2FN-1102332%2B1000004470%2FNe-1000004470%2FNs-CATEGORY_SEQ_105523380%3FWTz_l%3DSBC%253BMMcat1047 92580%253Bcat105522480%26WTz_st%3DGuidedNav%26WTz_ stype%3DGNU&WTz_l=SBC;MMcat104792580;cat105522480; cat105523380

Comment

Check out the pawn shops in your area, especially after deer season is over. There are so many people who try hunting deer one year and if they don't get anything they give up and leave it. I have no problem with that, because it keeps the people who are not serious about it out of the field. )End of the editorializing.)
      Anyway, check out the local pawn shops, you may find some good deals. Look at the prices and then check around to compare them with new. I have seen many good buys there.
      As far as specific guns, I am partial to Remingtons... anything in the 700 series, 721. I like them all.
      As far as caliber, I love my .270 but .30-06 is a good deer caliber also. With the .30 calibers you can also enlarge the kinds of animals that you hunt. The .30-06 has taken every big game animal in North America.
      The price will vary from region to region, but don't discount the pawn shops; if they are hungry that day, you just might cut a great deal.

Comment

savage has a great 30-06 for about $250. mine is the model 200. you don't hear a lot about it, but it has worked well for me.

Comment

save your money a little bit longer and you can get a good rifle... A pawn shop is where i got my good deer rifle and i got a browning 7mm A- bolt with a descent scope for 450$ cash!! you are pushing it for 350$

Comment

I just got a Mossberg 100 ATR in .308 that shoots great. My cousin helped me sight it in and was so impressed with it that he is buying one in .243 for coyotes, but for deer I'd definitely go with the .308 or '06.

Comment

Another source to consider is the gun shows in your area. The only caution I would give you is look the rifles over very closely because some of them are junk. I found a used Rem 700 witha scope for $325. The scope was crappy so I replaced it. It shoots fine now.

Comment

Been seeing Weatherby advertising a new one for $399. Don't know much about it, but it might be worth looking into.

Comment

I found a SAvage 111 in 25-06 MIB for 300 at Acedemy Sports and 350 at another sporting goods store. Just the price I was looking to spend. Look around, there are some good deals on rifles now. I like the 25-06 because it will work for whitetail or predators.

Comment

I use a Weatherby Vanguard in .270 Winchester and a Marlin XL-7 in 30-06. Both rifles are near your price range and I found both to be very accurate. In addition to gun shows check out site such as gunbroker.com. Just be careful and make sure you read all the sellers reviews.

Comment

I've been looking around at gun shows and stuff like that for awhile but I haven't found anything I've been overly interested in either because of price or the caliber. I think I'm going to ask around about the Remington model 770 in .270 or .308. Thanks everybody

Comment

DITTOs Jamesti!!!! Good Pick
                        look at the tikka T3 in 308Win www.berettausa.com

$369.00 MARP Good luck

Comment

Your best bet in that price range is to check out the used rifle market on such sites as Gunbroker or Auction Arms. Otherwise you will pay $300-$350 for a stamped out version of a cheap bolt action. Many calibers will fit the bill. .243, 270, 7mm-08, 308, 30-06, the list goes on and on.

Comment

I bought a used Wheatherby Vanguard .270 at GunBroker.com and am very pleased with the accuracy and condition of that rifle. If you're planning to buy on line I suggest you pay careful attention to the feedback the seller has received. I also bought a Marlin XL-7 30-06 at the nearby BassPro store for under $300, but that was in 2009 so they may have gone up in price.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Pay it forward
                              by fitch270
                              I'm not sure how much interest this will generate but I figured I'd give it a shot and see how it goes. As a way of saying thanks for the help and entertainment...
                              Yesterday, 01:34 PM
                            • Reloading Gear Order
                              by fitch270
                              I have a bunch of stuff in a cart at Midway and wanted to check with you guys before I place the order. A few things on the cheap side I want to make...
                              10-17-2020, 08:31 AM
                            • Ruger Oops! Round 2
                              by dewman
                              Asked girls if they want it. (Mk4 Hunter) No. We want another rifle so we aren't sharing the one single shot. Some phone calls and a pal & me meet...
                              10-16-2020, 03:20 PM
                            • Who hunts big game with a handgun?
                              by Ernie
                              Any handgun hunters here?
                              Describe your hunting handguns (With Pics!) whether they be revolvers, semi-autos or single-shot specialty pistols.
                              10-16-2020, 02:01 PM
                            • What are you hunting with this season? Pics please!
                              by Ernie
                              I am new here, so I’d like to get you to know you better
                              hi primarily hunt with a variety of handguns for big game, and I like shooting those...
                              10-16-2020, 01:43 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X