Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone used the Nikon Coyote Special Scope in either the 3-9x40 or the 4.5-14x40? How did it shoot? Would you recommend buyi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone used the Nikon Coyote Special Scope in either the 3-9x40 or the 4.5-14x40? How did it shoot? Would you recommend buyi

Has anyone used the Nikon Coyote Special Scope in either the 3-9x40 or the 4.5-14x40? How did it shoot? Would you recommend buying one? I was looking at the 4.5-14x40 model?

+1

I just saw an advertisement for this scope in the latest issue of one of the many sporting mangazines I subscribe to. Looks like a promising piece of equipment from the way they've hyped it up in the ad. High-tech reticle glass courtesy of Nikon + great low-light capability.

Interested in knowing as well if anyone has one of these?

Comment

I put the 4.5-14x40 on my Rem 700 220 swift. I have only called with it once and had the first dog of the season in sight at around 170 yrds and I missed. No clue to where the round hit. As the dog was running away I found that the predator recitcle was awesome at the running shots, I was kicking dust at his feet out to 300yrds. Now I blame the misses completely on my fresh out of the gate shooting for the season. Next round will have different results i promise. But overall sighting in and shooting at that one dog I really am pleased that I bought the scope.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your miss. Im sure you will get him next time. Would you recommend buying one?

Comment

I am a fan of Nikon optics, I think for the price the quality is outstanding. I have a Nikon Buckmaster with BDC on my .243 and love that scope as well. Yes I would recommend one, but also I recommend doing some shoppping, I think I gave $289 for my Coyote special with free shipping on E-bay.

Comment

I have a friend who used that same Nikon scope to compete in the World Coyote Hunting Championship in Nevada less then 2 weeks ago. It is a team competition and both he and his partner use the Nikon Coyote SPecial scope. Neither are sponsored by Nikon, they use it by CHOICE. They ended up taking second place in the World just because of their time. Pretty good endorsement if you ask me.
            I have one I am just waitng to get my .243 back so I can get the scope mounted and dialed in. Check out Nikonhunting.com, then click on the SPot On logo, this site will give you all the information you will need on correctly using the BDC circles found on this scope.

Comment

I have owned several Nikon scopes as well as Weavers, Redfields, and Bushnells and although I have not owned this particular model I have found every Nikon that I have used to be exceptionally clear and precise. In my opinion Nikon scopes are the best value on the market.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Outdoor Life archives
                by Scott123
                Has anyone missed reading Outdoor Life cover to cover archives? I get the run around on the phone about it may come back. Anyone else read it besides...
                Yesterday, 11:23 PM
              • Blade Stain
                by jhjimbo
                Anybody have tips for getting stains off knife blades. I have a nice, K-Bar I would like to clean up and a 3" Western. All different kinds of stains,...
                Yesterday, 11:40 AM
              • Home Defense
                by jhjimbo
                If you are using your bird gun for double duty of house defense remember to remove the plug. Might as well have full magazine capacity. Also, I have...
                10-20-2020, 02:15 PM
              • Pay it forward
                by fitch270
                I'm not sure how much interest this will generate but I figured I'd give it a shot and see how it goes. As a way of saying thanks for the help and entertainment...
                10-18-2020, 01:34 PM
              • Reloading Gear Order
                by fitch270
                I have a bunch of stuff in a cart at Midway and wanted to check with you guys before I place the order. A few things on the cheap side I want to make...
                10-17-2020, 08:31 AM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X