Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In 1889 Montana, Remus Rodham was hanged as a convicted horse thief and train robber. Who is the man related to, present day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In 1889 Montana, Remus Rodham was hanged as a convicted horse thief and train robber. Who is the man related to, present day?

In 1889 Montana, Remus Rodham was hanged as a convicted horse thief and train robber. Who is the man related to, present day?

Most likely it would be Hillary.

Comment

Harry Reid

Comment

That would have to be Hillary's family. Probably a great uncle or cousin.

Comment

He would be the great-great uncle of Hilary

Comment

An amateur genealogical researcher, discovered that Hillary's great-great uncle, Remus Rodham, a fellow lacking in character, was hanged for horse stealing and train robbery in Montana in 1889. The only known photograph of Remus shows him standing on the gallows. On the back of the picture is this inscription:

"Remus Rodham; horse thief, sent to Montana Territorial Prison 1885, escaped 1887, robbed the Montana Flyer six times. Caught by Pinkerton detectives, convicted and hanged in 1889."

In Hillary's Family History, her staff of professional image consultants, cropped Remus's picture, scanned it in as an enlarged image, and edited with image processing software so that all that's seen is a head shot.

The accompanying biographical sketch is as follows:

"Remus Rodham was a famous cowboy in the Montana Territory. His business empire grew to include acquisition of valuable equestrian assets and intimate dealings with the Montana railroad. Beginning in 1883, he devoted several years of his life to service at a government facility, finally taking leave to resume his dealings with the railroad. In 1887, he was a key player in a vital investigation run by the renowned Pinkerton Detective Agency. In 1889, Remus passed away during an important civic function held in his honor when the platform upon which he was standing collapsed."
            ~~~~~~source: http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_remus_rodham.htm~~~~~~

Comment

Fact and fiction... in our world it is increasingly difficult to tell them apart.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Johnsrud View Post
                Most likely it would be Hillary.
                As much as we'd all like this to be true, it's not. Almost identical stories have been put out there for Dingy Harry Reid and George W. Bush as well.

Comment

As much as we'd all like this to be true, it's not. Almost identical stories have been put out there for Dingy Harry Reid and George W. Bush as well.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Home Defense
                    by jhjimbo
                    If you are using your bird gun for double duty of house defense remember to remove the plug. Might as well have full magazine capacity. Also, I have...
                    Yesterday, 02:15 PM
                  • Pay it forward
                    by fitch270
                    I'm not sure how much interest this will generate but I figured I'd give it a shot and see how it goes. As a way of saying thanks for the help and entertainment...
                    10-18-2020, 01:34 PM
                  • Reloading Gear Order
                    by fitch270
                    I have a bunch of stuff in a cart at Midway and wanted to check with you guys before I place the order. A few things on the cheap side I want to make...
                    10-17-2020, 08:31 AM
                  • Ruger Oops! Round 2
                    by dewman
                    Asked girls if they want it. (Mk4 Hunter) No. We want another rifle so we aren't sharing the one single shot. Some phone calls and a pal & me meet...
                    10-16-2020, 03:20 PM
                  • Who hunts big game with a handgun?
                    by Ernie
                    Any handgun hunters here?
                    Describe your hunting handguns (With Pics!) whether they be revolvers, semi-autos or single-shot specialty pistols.
                    10-16-2020, 02:01 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X