Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i have a 22 savage 62 stevens model, semi auto, 10 shot clip, black synthetic stock, its probly the most acurate gun i have ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i have a 22 savage 62 stevens model, semi auto, 10 shot clip, black synthetic stock, its probly the most acurate gun i have ever

i have a 22 savage 62 stevens model, semi auto, 10 shot clip, black synthetic stock, its probly the most acurate gun i have ever shot but latley the clip has been jamming any advise, (it stays well oiled & spotless)

It could be your ammunition choice, try different brands. My buddies .22 jams up all the time and we need a knife or needle nose to pull out the casings. But when we shoot remington rather than american eagle rounds it shoots great without jamming. But this happens usually after a round has been fired, it sounds like yours is jamming when it's trying to feed in another round. Try different ammo and a new clip and see what happens.

Comment

Like yoda said try a different ammo, I've had a lot of problems with the bulk hollow points in 3 or 4 different semi autos. If its the clip my savage has had some problems and you are better off getting a new one. The clip for mine was like $10 through cabelas.

Comment

I agree with Snow i use to have a savage .22 and i had the same problem after alot of use. Take the magazine out and look in the groove where the shell slides out of the magazine mine had abuild up in that groove. I tried solvent but it dident touch it. I took a rotary tool/dremel and a small wire weel atachment and carefuly cleaned the crud out of the groove.Imnot a gun smith but i had no more problems with mine.If there is not abuild up in that groove then it probly is a damage or ammo probblem

Comment

buy a ruger

Comment

The lips of the magazine are probably worn, I bet it needs replacing. Hope I could help...

Comment

I just got one at my range off a guy for $60 with a 4X32 scope on it..
              It was jamming on him (failure to feed sometimes/fail to extract)

So I have taken it half apart and polished the mag feed lip AND polished the chamber feedramp.

We'll see how she does next time at the range.

Comment

The jamming went away after polishing the mag feedramp with a Dremel and some Flitz polish....I went to the range Monday and put 300 rds through it with NO jams...little cheepie gun is now one of my favorites!

Comment

Next an extra mag?
                  Go here:

http://www.ammoclip.com/S/savage_62,_64,_954.htm

Comment

What I have done( I also own a model 62) is to spray a little w-d 40 into the clip, use a standard screwdriver push down on the feed ramp 3-4 times it usually frees it up unless you have aweak spring or the possibility of lead slivers stuck in the clip.

Comment

check for a lead / copper build up in the magazine. Use an appropriate solvent to get rid of build up if not possible, use a rotary tool

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Home Defense
                        by jhjimbo
                        If you are using your bird gun for double duty of house defense remember to remove the plug. Might as well have full magazine capacity. Also, I have...
                        Today, 02:15 PM
                      • Pay it forward
                        by fitch270
                        I'm not sure how much interest this will generate but I figured I'd give it a shot and see how it goes. As a way of saying thanks for the help and entertainment...
                        10-18-2020, 01:34 PM
                      • Reloading Gear Order
                        by fitch270
                        I have a bunch of stuff in a cart at Midway and wanted to check with you guys before I place the order. A few things on the cheap side I want to make...
                        10-17-2020, 08:31 AM
                      • Ruger Oops! Round 2
                        by dewman
                        Asked girls if they want it. (Mk4 Hunter) No. We want another rifle so we aren't sharing the one single shot. Some phone calls and a pal & me meet...
                        10-16-2020, 03:20 PM
                      • Who hunts big game with a handgun?
                        by Ernie
                        Any handgun hunters here?
                        Describe your hunting handguns (With Pics!) whether they be revolvers, semi-autos or single-shot specialty pistols.
                        10-16-2020, 02:01 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X