Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you had the choice between a 25-06 Remington and 270 WSM which would you choose and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you had the choice between a 25-06 Remington and 270 WSM which would you choose and why?

If you had the choice between a 25-06 Remington and 270 WSM which would you choose and why?

25-06 hands down. Ammo availability being a big reason. Awesome round for varmints to deer.

Comment

In Id I would rather have the 270wsm better selection of bullets.

Comment

I'd take the .25-06 for lighter recoil and the fact that I already have a 7mm Rem Mag for a heavier caliber.

Comment

The best answer to your question would be provided in twenty or thirty years. Which Caliber do you suppose will still be popular and which caliber will have fallen by the wayside? I know what I would say and I would be prepared to give you odds if you cared to place a bet. Not much risk of losing that bet!

Comment

I'd take the 270 WSM.I've shot my brothers a couple of times and I really liked it.But that's true about ammo availability.So I think I'd rather have a 270 WM(if I had to choose between short mag and regular).

Comment

my vote goes for the 25/06.Ive owned a Rem 700 in 25/06 for many seasons and its one of the most used rifles in my collection.

Comment

Bigjake, those beautiful little 117 gr and 120 gr bullet in 25 caliber are beautiful little rounds that get great results on impact. I love the 25-06 and have done most of my deer hunting with one all the while knowing that .270 is probably a superior all round caliber. I have owned two Ruger 77s in 25-06, a Rem 700 Classic that I was an idiot to have sold, a Tikka... sold them all for one reason or another and now own a Winchester Model 70 with the Classic bolt.

Comment

Kody, ya those 117gr sure do make and impression on whatever they touch.

Comment

i.ve never owned either but i;ve shot both.i;d take the ,270

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 6.5-284 Borden/Alpine clone XP works great in the field - 588 yards
                      by Ernie
                      Dan Ekstrom and I have been looking for a shooter mule deer buck on public land.

For this area, Tuesday was the last day.

Yesterday, 10:06 AM
                    • Outdoor Life archives
                      by Scott123
                      Has anyone missed reading Outdoor Life cover to cover archives? I get the run around on the phone about it may come back. Anyone else read it besides...
                      10-23-2020, 11:23 PM
                    • Blade Stain
                      by jhjimbo
                      Anybody have tips for getting stains off knife blades. I have a nice, K-Bar I would like to clean up and a 3" Western. All different kinds of stains,...
                      10-23-2020, 11:40 AM
                    • Home Defense
                      by jhjimbo
                      If you are using your bird gun for double duty of house defense remember to remove the plug. Might as well have full magazine capacity. Also, I have...
                      10-20-2020, 02:15 PM
                    • Pay it forward
                      by fitch270
                      I'm not sure how much interest this will generate but I figured I'd give it a shot and see how it goes. As a way of saying thanks for the help and entertainment...
                      10-18-2020, 01:34 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X