Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two quick questions. Background, BassPro Shops sells Remington Whitetail Pro Core-Lokt ammunition. Yesterday, I used some to s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two quick questions. Background, BassPro Shops sells Remington Whitetail Pro Core-Lokt ammunition. Yesterday, I used some to s

Two quick questions. Background, BassPro Shops sells Remington Whitetail Pro Core-Lokt ammunition. Yesterday, I used some to sight in a .270 and had great groups. That ammo is not listed on the Remington web site, or at least I couldn't find it. Is it a special item they make for BassPro? What is it equivalent to on the Remington web site?

There are two Core-Lokts Pointed Soft Point and Round nose. They are about the best internal ballistic bullet for deer there is. Consider yourself lucky that they group well in your gun, as a range master I get to see hundreds of guns and ammunition results so I have to say this is rare. Maybe something new has been added. Another hot new round to try is the Hornady Super performance ammo which ands 200 fps to all caliburs even with short barrels.

Comment

I'll look into the Hornady Super performance ammo. At 100 yards I had five two shot groups with the bullet holes over lapping while sighting in the scope with the BassPro Whitetail Pro ammo. With over lapping holes I didn't see the need to fire a third shot especially since I had so many groups like that. I do consider myself lucky to have found ammo that shoots so well on the first try.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget