Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm looking for a rimfire rifle. What would be the best choice for the money?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm looking for a rimfire rifle. What would be the best choice for the money?

I'm looking for a rimfire rifle. What would be the best choice for the money?

actually the caliber that sells the most ammunition in rimfire would be a .22caliber,there will be some tell you because of the recent popularity to go with the .17cal but like the ,22 magnum another good choice ammunition may not always be easily available in country stores if you run low, you didn;t say what use you had in mind so for just plinking the 22cal . still top of the list

Comment

A .22 lr is probably the best as far as price of the rifle and ammo but if you ever shoot a .17 HMR you won't care if you have to pay a little more for those.

Comment

Ruger 10/22

Comment

.22 Savage model 62 stevens

Comment

You can't go wrong with a Ruger 10/22.

Comment

Here's another recommendation for the Ruger 10/22

Comment

Ruger 10/22 is probably the best for the money.
                However, a Savage model 64 is also a good bet if you don't mind the magazine sticking out of the bottom.

Browning used to make some great tubular magazine 22's but I don't think they do anymore, or they were just too dang expensive.
                I'm also very fond of a Win 490

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Home Defense
                  by jhjimbo
                  If you are using your bird gun for double duty of house defense remember to remove the plug. Might as well have full magazine capacity. Also, I have...
                  10-20-2020, 02:15 PM
                • Pay it forward
                  by fitch270
                  I'm not sure how much interest this will generate but I figured I'd give it a shot and see how it goes. As a way of saying thanks for the help and entertainment...
                  10-18-2020, 01:34 PM
                • Reloading Gear Order
                  by fitch270
                  I have a bunch of stuff in a cart at Midway and wanted to check with you guys before I place the order. A few things on the cheap side I want to make...
                  10-17-2020, 08:31 AM
                • Ruger Oops! Round 2
                  by dewman
                  Asked girls if they want it. (Mk4 Hunter) No. We want another rifle so we aren't sharing the one single shot. Some phone calls and a pal & me meet...
                  10-16-2020, 03:20 PM
                • Who hunts big game with a handgun?
                  by Ernie
                  Any handgun hunters here?
                  Describe your hunting handguns (With Pics!) whether they be revolvers, semi-autos or single-shot specialty pistols.
                  10-16-2020, 02:01 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X