Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i want to get into reloading, is there any recommended brands for the reloading equipment itself, as well as the brass, primers,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i want to get into reloading, is there any recommended brands for the reloading equipment itself, as well as the brass, primers,

i want to get into reloading, is there any recommended brands for the reloading equipment itself, as well as the brass, primers, powder, and bullets?

For reloading rifle rounds, all my gear is RCBS. The components for reloading such as primers, powder and brass is all up to personal preference. The primers I use are in order of my preference - Federal, Remington, Winchester, and CCI. For powder I stick with IMR or Hodgdon which are from the same company, Ramshot, and Accurate. Brass I use depends on the round, but I stick with Norma, Nosler, Weatherby, and Federal. I have used Remington and Winchester also with good results. For bullets I use Barnes, Nosler, and Combined Technology.
    The best thing I can tell you is get some books on reloading and also search the web. Go to Google and start looking at the various manufactures of powder and bullets. My reloading library is chock full of different information I have gathered up over the past 20 years of reloading. Also all bullet manufactures will give you recommend loads and primers to use which also is a good staring point. I know this information does not narrow things down but with reloading, there are so many choice’s that you just have to start to compile information and go from there. Most of what I reload goes for hunting so I look at velocities and start with a load that runs anywhere between 2700 – 3000 fps. This gives me good results and does not destroy the brass, gun, or more important me! Reloading is very fun and relaxing.

Comment

thanks

Comment

Sounds like good advice. I see guys buying the equipment prior to doing some reading and the reloading components sit idle. Purchase a good reloading manual, Hornady, Speer, Sierra for example, and read their introduction to reloading. Nothing all that complicated but it pays to educate yourself right from the start. A reloading manual is a great resource for learning about various cartridges whether you choose to reload or not. If you continue to be enthused after doing some reading, go for it... have fun.

Comment

thanks guys for everything

Comment

Damon..... You are welcomed!

Comment

Cabelas has better prices than Midway and free shipping at times.

Comment

You might check into the shipping expense charge that Midway adds to some items. There is a fee for taking items off shelfs to transport to shipping.

Comment

Hornady reloading kit (lock n load) 349, winchester brass 30 per 50, tumbler, sizer, dies, bullets, powder

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Home Defense
                    by jhjimbo
                    If you are using your bird gun for double duty of house defense remember to remove the plug. Might as well have full magazine capacity. Also, I have...
                    Yesterday, 02:15 PM
                  • Pay it forward
                    by fitch270
                    I'm not sure how much interest this will generate but I figured I'd give it a shot and see how it goes. As a way of saying thanks for the help and entertainment...
                    10-18-2020, 01:34 PM
                  • Reloading Gear Order
                    by fitch270
                    I have a bunch of stuff in a cart at Midway and wanted to check with you guys before I place the order. A few things on the cheap side I want to make...
                    10-17-2020, 08:31 AM
                  • Ruger Oops! Round 2
                    by dewman
                    Asked girls if they want it. (Mk4 Hunter) No. We want another rifle so we aren't sharing the one single shot. Some phone calls and a pal & me meet...
                    10-16-2020, 03:20 PM
                  • Who hunts big game with a handgun?
                    by Ernie
                    Any handgun hunters here?
                    Describe your hunting handguns (With Pics!) whether they be revolvers, semi-autos or single-shot specialty pistols.
                    10-16-2020, 02:01 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X