Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

has anyone had experience with the .375 ruger? how is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• has anyone had experience with the .375 ruger? how is it?

has anyone had experience with the .375 ruger? how is it?

Knowing nothing about the 375 Ruger, I did what I do best, RESEARCH! Surprising I found that the 375 Ruger is superior to the 375 H&H, WOW! The following is a cut and paste that I found to be true!

__________________________________________________ _

"Hornady's new 375 Ruger is a newly designed powerhouse which has a slightly larger diameter than the 30-06, but shares the same case overall length, which means it can be chambered in any standard length action.
    All this and it still out performs the 375 H&H but with a 20" barrel.
    The 375 Ruger will set new standards for African big game rifles and ammo.
    Until other rifle makers offer this caliber it should be considered a Ruger/Hornady ProprietaryCartridge."

Comment

One more thing, the 375 Ruger not being a belted magnum, reloading and life of the cartridge with no web cracks will be extended, I LIKE I DO!!!

AND FOR ME TO SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT MEANS SOMETHING!

Comment

Time will tell if this is to be a successful cartridge. It does have the makings but the big bore fans tend to love the classics. Not as many of these heavy caliber rifles get sold relative the medium bore which makes it a tough market. However, the chances of success are enhanced with its ability to fit standard action rifles allowing many manufacturers to jump on board. I have never fired this round or seen one on the range to this point. It has some catching up to do regardless of bettering ballistics of the 375 H & H

Comment

GOOD POINT Kody! Looking at the Ruger vs H&H, I prefer the Ruger. For me to take a side like that, means something

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget