Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just got a .22 for christmas and im left handed and the gun is right handed, does that matter? because when i shot it with out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just got a .22 for christmas and im left handed and the gun is right handed, does that matter? because when i shot it with out

I just got a .22 for christmas and im left handed and the gun is right handed, does that matter? because when i shot it with out a clip (it's semiautomatic) it was fine but the aim is off, what should i do?

You should get an adult to help you decide, but most shooting instructors recommend that you shoot based on your dominant eye rather than your dominant hand. If you are right eye dominant, shoot right handed; left eye dominant shoot left handed. Your hands will adjust and the younger you are, the easier it is to learn to shoot cross-handed. The aim could be a separate problem. You might need to adjust your sites, but you should get someone who knows how to shoot to make sure your form is good and you aren't flinching, jerking or doing something else wrong. Then adjust your sites. Be safe and have fun shooting.

Comment

i dont think shooting a left handed gun right handed or a right handed gun left handed effects accuracy. its all the shooter. your sights could be off. you could be flinching or jerking or something along those lines which would effect its shooting.

Comment

Once you shoot it for awhile, you will think nothing of it! Kinda like driving in another Country where they build cars with the steering wheel and drive on the wrong side of the road

You'll be fine, trust me!

Comment

By the way, I wish I had a dollar for getting my tail beat from some South Paw!

Comment

Sea dog pretty much summed it up
            im a righty but shoot lefty cause of my dominate eye. all my guns are right and i have no problems with accuracy i also shoot a bow lefty but its a lefty. I know for my self when i was younger i shot a shotgun with slugs and was my first real gun to shoot and it casue me to flinch and didnt have luck with accuracy with rifles because i would anticipate the recoil and flinch even with 22s till i finnally just put my mind to it and the practice and eventuallly the flinching stopped

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Gun cleaning patch tip
              by fitch270
              So I’m reorganizing the gun bench and notice the mock turtleneck shirt I’ve kept around for cutting into cleaning patches. Good 100% cotton fabric...
              Today, 03:36 PM
            • 6.5-284 Borden/Alpine clone XP works great in the field - 588 yards
              by Ernie
              Dan Ekstrom and I have been looking for a shooter mule deer buck on public land.

For this area, Tuesday was the last day.

Yesterday, 10:06 AM
            • Outdoor Life archives
              by Scott123
              Has anyone missed reading Outdoor Life cover to cover archives? I get the run around on the phone about it may come back. Anyone else read it besides...
              10-23-2020, 11:23 PM
            • Blade Stain
              by jhjimbo
              Anybody have tips for getting stains off knife blades. I have a nice, K-Bar I would like to clean up and a 3" Western. All different kinds of stains,...
              10-23-2020, 11:40 AM
            • Home Defense
              by jhjimbo
              If you are using your bird gun for double duty of house defense remember to remove the plug. Might as well have full magazine capacity. Also, I have...
              10-20-2020, 02:15 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X