Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reloading the 9mm in semi auto. Gun will fire reloads but will not eject the brass.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joehibbing
    replied
    I had the same problem. The Taurus 92 I had would not cycle a "wimpy" low velocity load. I needed to use more than the minimum loads listed in the reloading manual. Buy some good reloading manuals. If it is not in the manual don't load it. "Not the time to get creative." Too much powder is bad, and a load that has less than the minimum amout of gunpower can also make you gun BLOW UP IN YOUR FACE. Wear saftey glasses. The guy who invented Mausers lost an eye to a gun explosion. Not sure just what the deal was there,,, Buttttt. Be safe and have fun. PS Keep some of your targets and write down the Date, distance, Gun. Caiber, Powder, Weight; make & size of primer; Bullet style, make and weight; Brass make and length & overall length of the cartridge, this can be a huge variable in accuracy for sure in rifles. Temp and wind. Even some of that data is better than not recording anything. Yah I thought writing down all that crap was a bad idea too. But as my brother so obnoxiously says "Hear me now, believe me later." JP

Leave a comment:

• Bull Elk
    replied
    Try cleaning your gun more frequently. Also, are you using cheap Russian brass like Wolfe ammo? That stuff is nasty and can foul up your gun in a hurry.

Leave a comment:

• Derik Lee
    replied
    my buddy had the same problem with his .45, the problem was with the dies and how far it set the bullet into the case, but it could be alot of different things. check a reload against another bullet and compare how they look.

Leave a comment:

• Johnnie
    replied
    Need more info on your reloads. What type of powder, powder charge amount, and are cases full length resized?
    Does the slide go back after firing a round?
    If, your reloads are good than it could be your extractor isn't grabbing the cartridge rim to eject the cases. Extractor problems could be: tip could be broken off, bent, worn, or not enough tension.

Leave a comment:

• Reloading the 9mm in semi auto. Gun will fire reloads but will not eject the brass.

Reloading the 9mm in semi auto. Gun will fire reloads but will not eject the brass.

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Neighbor painted me a picture!
    by dewman
    My neighbor is a regionally known artist. So over time after regaling him with childhood hunting stories of my younger years in Michigan, South Dakota,...
    05-03-2021, 03:35 PM
  • What would you do?
    by fitch270
    About 15 minutes after daybreak my daughter nudges me in the side. I’ve been letting out some soft yelps and clucks but the turkeys are quiet early...
    05-01-2021, 09:34 PM
  • Holy flock 2
    by fitch270
    First a question, then why it matters.

A group of bears is called what?

Times up: The answer is

05-01-2021, 08:49 PM
  • Opportunity knocking
    by fitch270
    I should probably hold off on mentioning this for a bit but here we go.

Got the annual pre-season turkey call (lol) from my cousin last...
    04-27-2021, 08:29 PM
  • Iron sights, Yes, No, Maybe?
    by fitch270
    I’ve been thinking on this one since reading Amflyer’s response to me on his Not Available Rifle thread. The subject of the iron sights came up, I...
    04-26-2021, 10:41 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X