Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what are some simple ways that I can make my 1990's Winchester Model 70 chambered in 30-06 more accurate withouth spending alot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what are some simple ways that I can make my 1990's Winchester Model 70 chambered in 30-06 more accurate withouth spending alot

what are some simple ways that I can make my 1990's Winchester Model 70 chambered in 30-06 more accurate withouth spending alot of money? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I was just reading a article in Field and Stream (Outdoor Life is the best!) in the December January issue about how you can take your gun apart, put some sort of clay around the action and other places and reduce the size of your bullet groupings greatly. Unfortunately, I can't find that exact magazine. Maybe it's on their website? Sorry to be unspecific. I'm not sure how much it would cost but I can't imagine it could cost you much.

Comment

First thing to do is make sure everything is tight all you bases and mounts.Check your bore or have it looked at by a smith.Depending on how accurate you want it most rifle from the factory now will shoot moa out of the box.The barrel must be cleaned properly and kept clean to shoot accurately.If you have no success take it to a smith and save yourself some grief,It may be your scope.

Comment

cabellas sells a barrel deresignator for around $20
        it would help with keeping your barrel still while the pressure and the bullet are travleing thu it. I have a few friends with them on older guns that the throat has started to erode from alot of shooting and it has helped bring the groups back to a smaller size.

Comment

The best/cheapest/fastest low-tech fix I've ever found is to put a small (like 1 inch or so) square of bicycle innertube under the barrel at the very end of the forearm. Then, snug (but don't over-tighten) the action and barrel back to the stock. The suggestion above of checking to make sure everything else is snug as well is a good one.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget