Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Regading a question from pittsburgdeerhunter26- Seadog said he was teaching his wife to shoot. This gave me an idea to start thi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regading a question from pittsburgdeerhunter26- Seadog said he was teaching his wife to shoot. This gave me an idea to start thi

Regading a question from pittsburgdeerhunter26- Seadog said he was teaching his wife to shoot. This gave me an idea to start this new thread. How many of you have female family members who shoot or how many of you are women?

My mother and sister shoots occasionaly

Comment

I taught both my wife and my daughter to shoot. They have been several times but they are not into it all that much.

Comment

We've got several hunters in our camp including mom,step sisters, girlfriends of stepbrothers and the lady who's farm we hunt !

Comment

My mom used to shoot regularly, and my wife is really getting into the sport. She is getting pretty good shooting trap and skeet with "her shotgun" aka my Beretta 20-gauge auto.
          When I get home, I am buying her a rifle for deer and hog. I think she is nearly as excited about hunting season as I am.

Comment

My wife ,Two married daughters,one thats still in college all shoot my middle daughter can give me a run for my money with my own gun at the Skeet range.But i have to take the blame I started it when they were little and they enjoy it.The married one push the heck out of my son in laws to stay in the woods.It puts an old mans mind to rest some when you don't have to worry about them,they will go down shooting.

Comment

My wife and daughter go shooting and enjoy shooting just as much as I do. We shoot 22LR, centerfire pistol and rifle, shotgun, and muzzleloader.
              I have also taught a few women how to shoot, other than my wife and daughter, and what I found is that women are good shots. I don't know what it is; if they listen better on the principles of shooting, don't have that macho thing going on, or just good shots to begin with. If, you are at the range and a woman there asks if you want to shoot some paper and the best overall score gets the other's rifle, you just tip your hat and say "No thank you ma'am, I'm just here to practice at becoming a better shot."

Comment

As a child it was just as likely my mother who would pass me her 870 to try to knock down a duck. She hunted into her eighties and would still be willing knees and shoulders permitting. Of course my wife knows how to shoot as her father had been a Kansas farm boy. She knows guns but is not a hunter. My daughter made the best wing shot I have ever witnessed on a low flying teal. Now married with a child, she doesn't mention that feat to her friends. Nevertheless, she does know guns and how to handle them. I will someday seek to make my Granddaughter a reflection of her politically incorrect Grandpa. Her frequent companion, my new Retriever puppy Blue, will want her with him in the field someday. This father and grandfather believes every young lady is well served knowing how to handle a shotgun. My son's wife is a member of PETA so not a likely hunting companion. (Bo and Charlie Elk will have a field day with that disclosure) He has introduced her to a variety of guns, so there is hope in that department. Life takes some interesting turns.

Comment

Kody, I do not think you will take too much grief from Bo or Charlie Elk. They have been around long enough to understand that your in-laws will always throw you a curve ball or two.
                  My in-laws continually keep me guessing.
                  There is still hope for your granddaughter as an outdoorswoman. Grandpa Kody can still have a huge impact on her life and show her the way... especially if her buddy Blue is along to help.

Comment

PETA! hehe sry but not trying to offend anyone but man I would love to have a family member who is with PETA. Just so the christmas card I send will have a photo of me with blood up to my elbows face first in a steaming gut pile!!! But I'm not so lucky...Anyways I taught my 1st cuz how to shoot if you where there to see her shoot a 22 for the first time you wouldn't think she would have a couple nice mule deer bucks under her belt. Now she is the meat provider for her husband & kids I guess that I think about it Im pretty proud of her. She is a hunting freak like some of us she has piles of new gear evrey year but she just has to shower me with hunting gifts I think that is her way to say thankyou & you know I cant complain who wouldn't want hunting gear!!

Comment

I'm still working on the wife--it's a long term project. I took 2 of the boys to the range on Saturday but Mrs. Seadog didn't come (she promised to go on Valentines day). No daughters, so if I can get mama into shooting, the whole family will be armed.

Comment

Theres a girl (13) at the range i shoot at. She has gone through the program faster than anbody i've seen since 2006 when i started. She"ll most likely catch up to me before i finish as long as she sticks with it. Her brother and I are at the exact same spot and he is hoping she dosent pass him, which is very likely.

Comment

Kody, I have had some in-laws that I just don't tell anyone about. You have more guts than I to admit what you have. We cannot stop others from having a distorted view of things (which kind of says we are the ones who see things straight ;-D ) but we can gently talk to them and possibly convert them to our way of thinking.
                          I have a family member who after she tasted some venison that I fixed decided that maybe I wasn't just an animal killer after all, that there was some benefit to what I do. Now I can talk about it and she is more understanding. Particularly now that I probably won't buy any meat at all this year, at least not until my full freezer is empty.

Comment

Yes, my daughter-in-law is a card carrying member of PETA. While sadly misinformed in this respect she is a beautiful and highly accomplished young lady so we will not break up the love affair over this contentious issue. Yes, Dropjhook the family gatherings offer up opportunities to shock and traumatize the In-Laws with tales of my hunting exploits. I like these folks too much to act upon that temptation and there is not the faintest hope of changing their opinion in this regard. In fact a picture of my father with his Royal Elk and a 'steaming pile of guts' in the foreground did catch my new daughter and her folk's attention at a family get together. Did I mention my new daughter's mother is a member of PETA? My father's trophy room includes a buffalo, antelope, big horn sheep, Caribou,black bear, several large whitetails, a Royal elk, raccoon, horned owl, ducks, assorted hides .... kind of like the hotel from Psycho to these folks. Did I mention my new daughter's Mom is also a member of PETA? While I don't wish to sponsor any fruitless arguments my dear Mom is a confirmed troublemaker! As her church friends or acquaintances admire the lovely geese winging over the picnic area she swings up her arm and pretends to blast them from the sky! Imagine my wife and I trying to tame her with a Scotch in her hand and such easy targets in her trophy room! Interesting!

Comment

Well I am glad that to my knowledge there are no PETA members in my family. They would be extremely out numbered. My mom at 70+ is still an excellent shot with a 22. My daughter forced me to get a new deer rifle, when she declared that she would be taking over my 30/30 a few years back. Gotta love a girl that will force her dad to buy a new gun. Also most of my girl cousins do shoot and love it. Not hunt but shoot. Family get togethers for us usually mean having some kind of shooting match going on.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Colorado surprise. Couple of dads guns.
                                by dewman
                                So even with all the wrangling being done to screw we 4 sons of my father I got a little lucky. Even though my stepmom is still alive and her 3 sons from...
                                Today, 10:12 PM
                              • Now That's Service
                                by jhjimbo
                                Had my local Jeep dealer mount two tires and rotate some. When they did that they also spray painted my rims to cover up some brake dust stains I could...
                                Today, 07:57 PM
                              • Lost some cover; pic heavy
                                by fitch270
                                ​ ​ ​ Long story shorter, my Aunt’s 70’ish year old spring line plugged up last Friday, a combination of old iron pipe and poly. The only way to...
                                Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                              • Covid-19
                                by jhjimbo
                                Any indication a game animal can get the virus ? The news had a case of a dog in I think NC that got the virus.

Tucker Carlson had a guest...
                                09-17-2020, 10:38 PM
                              • Spur of the moment rifle
                                by Amflyer
                                I stopped in the local Scheels the other day so see about getting some IMR 4831. As a slow-ish old school powder I thought that the current buying craze...
                                09-17-2020, 11:25 AM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X