Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What steps do I take to learn to shoot a rifle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What steps do I take to learn to shoot a rifle?

What steps do I take to learn to shoot a rifle?

Ok, lets say you know nothing about shooting or how to shoot, your best bet would be to go to a local shooting range and ask them to run you through a shooting and saftey course.

Comment

Abfreddie's suggestion gets you shooting a rifle. Actually learning to shoot a rifle is best served by shooting, shooting and more shooting. We are better able to get it right on each of those hundreds or thousands of shots if we are not spending a fortune with each trigger pull. For this reason, most of us learned to shoot using a .22 caliber rifle. Today's high velocity rimfires like the .17 are reasonably priced but the .22 remains by far the most economical to fire. You can routinely buy 500 quality .22 rounds for less than 20 dollars. Any good firearms course strives to instruct the students in the mechanics of firing a weapon with accuracy. The rest is just practice and that is twice as much fun when it costs half as much. Good news for you as even a high quality .22 rifle is less expensive than a typical centerfire rifle. My last recommendation, buy the best .22 rifle you can afford. Someday you will be giving it to your Grandchild.

Comment

Great answer Kody, I really have nothing to add. I just wanted to say that this is excellent advice.

Comment

Thank you for adding to that kody

Comment

Kody, put me down for dittos. (And it has nothing to do with Rush. It means I agree with the above.)

Comment

I agree with all of the above..its been a very long time since i shot a .22 I was shocked at the price of shell when i went to pick up a box for my dad...last time i shot a .22 abox of 100 winchester wild cats just went up to a $1.29....but in todays market economical none the less

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Sisters.
                by 99explorer
                Two girls were born to the same mother, on the same day, within minutes of each other, in the same month and year, and yet they are not twins.
                How...
                Today, 09:32 AM
              • Rice for sale.
                by 99explorer
                A man can buy rice for $1 per pound in the U.S.A.
                He buys tons of the stuff, and sells it all in India for a nickel a pound.
                He soon becomes...
                08-18-2019, 06:43 PM
              • Strangers meet.
                by 99explorer
                A man is able to contact his long lost brother who he has never met.
                They agree to meet in a crowded public place.
                No identification markers...
                08-16-2019, 11:03 PM
              • OU football
                by FirstBubba
                Big G, thought you might like to know, I'm going to watch some OU football this fall.
                The orthopaedic surgeon who rebuilt my hip is retired and...
                08-16-2019, 10:35 PM
              • True romance.
                by 99explorer
                A doctor and a bus driver are both in love with the same woman, a beautiful girl named Sarah.
                The bus driver has to go on a long bus trip that will...
                08-16-2019, 09:11 AM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X