Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What guns do you guys/girls have? I have a 30-30 Marlin 336 and a Parker bow. You can list your bows too.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marcus
    replied
    I have a browning bar automatic .243,12guage,ruger 10-22,and a mathews switchback.

Leave a comment:

• MB27
    replied
    .22 savage cub

Leave a comment:

• turkey777
    replied
    Ihave a 30-06, 270, 243, 20gauge and a .22

Leave a comment:

• rydatt
    replied
    I have a full gun safe so I'll just list my favorites. My favorite rifle is a pre '64 Winchester M70 in .308. I just bought a Browning X-Bolt 7mm WSM that I really like. I have my 2 favorite shotguns and they are the Benelli Super Black Eagle and Weatherby Orion over/under both are 12 ga. My bow is a Mathews Q2.

Leave a comment:

• PittsburghDeerHunter26
    replied
    I hunt in Ligonier, Clearfield and Murrysville. Quite honestly, I don't know of many Gun Shops around here. What's your favorite?

Leave a comment:

• tduke
    replied
    Pittsburgh DeerH, where do you do majority of your shooting in the area? whats your favorite gun shop?

Leave a comment:

• Derik Lee
    replied
    Mossberg 600
    Remington 700

Leave a comment:

• Kody
    replied
    The above post was in answer to your comment,Bo. I forgot to put that in there.
    Kody

Leave a comment:

• Kody
    replied
    Traded my original Jungle Carbine off to put $50 bucks towards a birthday gift my father was getting me. We went down to a pawn shop on 4th Ave in Anchorage to get a 300 Win Mag. Dad always knew what to buy, he bought you what he would have liked for himself and knew with me he would always get it right. We hunted caribou together and fired all manner of firearms. He would often borrow the rifle. Years later I would phone him suggesting I might have to sell the Winchester to tide me over on a new job. "No way," he'd say and send me 50 bucks. It got to be a joke among us as that rifle accounted for a few fifties. The rifle is worth more to me than all the rest combined as I have never lost sight of where true value lies. I'd happily give them all up for one more day in his company. I am not a church going man but I have faith that I will someday see him again.

Leave a comment:

• patrick88
    replied
    well guys wish i could own them all but heres mine mod 170 savage in 30-30,custom cz 243,rossi combo 22-410,win 1300 in 12ga,crossman 760 pumpmaster pellet 177cal,colt auto 45cal,mathews sq2.

Leave a comment:

• Bo
    replied
    Kody, you make me jealous. ;-)

Leave a comment:

• PittsburghDeerHunter26
    replied
    Your welcome Kody. I was surprised that this question hadn't been posted an eternity ago.

Leave a comment:

• Kody
    replied
    Opps! I missed the 30-30. They throw you off the forum if you don't own or haven't own a Winchester 30-30.

Leave a comment:

• Kody
    replied
    Thank you Pittsburgh, I don't get asked this question often enough. Disappointing, because each one has a story or it would not be in my possession. Some guns are keepsakes from my childhood or are valued because they were my father's guns. Others are calibers that I enjoy for one reason or another. Some are for specific game animals. Some shoot flat and far, some shot fast, others strike with great impact and some belch smoke.
    Regardless, a rifle must be accurate or I lose interest.
    Presently I have:
    .22 Remington single shot bolt action got at 9 years old haven't been that thrilled by any rifle since
    .22 Brno repeater bolt -gophers got my son the same rifle
    .223 CZ Model 527 American - coyotes light and accurate never to be sold
    25-06 Win Classic - my usual choice as a deer, antelope rifle- long line of 25-06s Ruger, Remington and Tikka still not satisfied sell and acquire Sako
    7 MM Mauser 98 rebarreled restocked, new trigger - a project great old round long throat to seat bullets long and increase powder capacity, fires BarnesXXX 140 gr bullets only.

I reload all manner of .308 rounds so enjoy experimenting with different bullets, powders and seating depths so I own several rifles in this caliber

.308 M1A Springfield - an accurate semi auto battle rifle reason enough, get to pull the trigger lots- great sights- pull hard ball and use Grand Slam Speers 150 gr. What a bush rifle to swing on that deer flashing thru the trees
    .308 Browning BLR lever takedown bush gun open sights, action strong to handle reloads handle it once and you want to own one!
    30-06 Remington Woodsmaster passed down to me
    300 Winchester Magnum Model 70 my Alaska rifle had it for over 40 years
    shoots all weights of bullets to relatively the same point of impact.
    .303 Canadian Long Branch Enfield - they deport you if you don't own one
    .303 Jungle Carbine my first big game rifle Great peep sight
    8 mm Mauser military standard issue
    CZ 550 .375 H & H Magnum dream of actually needing it, nice wake up call at the range

.54 Lyman Hawken made from kit
    .54 Lyman Great Plains Flint

I have had and may again have rifles in .22 Anschutz, 250-3000, .243, 6.5 X 55, .270, .280, 7 MM Magnum, 7.62X39MM,

Shotguns have been making out into the field more than my centerfires in recent years. I have the desire but often lack the time to pursue big game. It is a story likely told by many on this forum. You work a lifetime and acquire the means but must hurdle responsibilities to enjoy such pursuits. Good thing I love my job and always find the time to hit the range or knock down some geese.

Leave a comment:

• PittsburghDeerHunter26
    replied
    I forgot to mention my Crosman BB gun. it's a .177 Pumpmaster. It has a ton of power, great for whacking pests. I knew there had be another Pittsburgher around somewhere! And Seadog, good luck teaching your wife to shoot. I'm trying to teach my sister to shoot the Crosman without much success...

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Dirty Thirty
    by Ernie
    This is BCG 308 Winchester XP-100, using a Remington Take-Off 308 Winchester barrel chopped to 15.8" Holland's Radial Baffle Brake, Leupold Mark...
    05-20-2022, 12:56 PM
  • 243 Odyssey & squirrel prep
    by dewman
    Went to youngest daughters graduation these last 3 days in Hannibal. (Masters from HLG). On the return trip stopped in a mom & pop convenience store....
    05-16-2022, 04:14 PM
  • Angry Consumers Buy Bulk SMS Service Sneaking
    by shatikhatun
    Their complaints into the subconscious of other buyers and marking their purchase decisions Others may say that such comments are unhelpful, but your...
    05-10-2022, 03:43 AM
  • Monday Already?
    by fitch270
    05-09-2022, 12:29 PM
  • Laughing Hurts
    by fitch270
    I’m glad I saw Motley Crue 30+ years ago. This is both painful to watch and funny as he.. at the same time.

05-05-2022, 07:47 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X