Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What guns do you guys/girls have? I have a 30-30 Marlin 336 and a Parker bow. You can list your bows too.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What guns do you guys/girls have? I have a 30-30 Marlin 336 and a Parker bow. You can list your bows too.

What guns do you guys/girls have? I have a 30-30 Marlin 336 and a Parker bow. You can list your bows too.

Well my philosophy is you can never have too many. So let me think Marlin Lever Action 45/70 for hogs Marlin 336C 30/30 for deer at home Marlin 308MX for deer Rem 700 30/06 for deer away from home and a few more extras just because my wife would let me buy them. Will say though the 30/30 is the gun that I would keep if I could only have one.

Comment

Only gun I own is an 870. Once my financial status goes from broke to semi broke rest assured I will add to that. My bow is a Parker Hunter Mag.

Comment

As of today I own...

rifles,

A Parkerhale in .270win, a Rem700 in 25/06,a model 94 .30/30, a Lee Enfield .303 Brit, 2 Stevens model 200 in 30/06 and .223, a Ranger .22lr and a Rem 597 .22lr.

Shotguns,

A Winchester 1300 Marine in 12ga(full stainless and a real beauty), a Rem 1100 in 20ga,a Stevens 5000 sxs in 16 ga,a Stoeger Condor o/u in 12 ga,and 2 Coueye single shots in 16ga and .410.

pistol,
        Tanfoglio single action .22lr/.22mag revolver.

Comment

i have a 30-30 marlin also a 30-06, 22 semi-auto, 22 pump, 20 gauge mossberg, 4 different 12 gauges, .410 shotgun...as for pistols .22 revolver, 22 semi auto, 22 extra small semi auto, .357, 38 special's 2 inch barrel and 4 inch, 45 colt revolever, 44 mag. I aquired most of these from my granmothers friend, before he died. I also have a couple blanks and many pellet and BB guns

Comment

Ruger 10/22, Ruger P-89, Savage 110 in .270, Mossberg 500 / Woddland Camo in 12 gauge with extra .50 caliber muzzleloading barrel, Bushmaster AR-15 / A2 Target Model, Crossman BB/Pellet pump rifle, Crossman BB/Pellet/Dart spring pistol.
            Pearson compound bow, one of the first type made by Ben Pearson, given to me by a very close friend who is more of a brother than a friend.

Comment

I've got a few rifles--the Savage .308 Model 10 is my favorite for deer hunting; 2 Rem 870's--1 slug barrel & 1 set up for turkey; 2 CVA muzzleloaders--a .45 Kodiak & a .50 Optima; an Arisaka Model 99 (Jap WWII rifle); a Henry 22mag & a few others. Handguns--Glock .40 cal Model 23 is my primary carry gun--I've got a S&W .357, a Sig .380 & a H&K .22 revolver that I'm hoping to use to teach my wife to shoot (wish me luck on that one).

Comment

Fellow Pittsburgher. I have a Mossberg 500 with field and rifled barrels in 12 gauge. Marlin XL7 308, mossberg lightning 243, and mossberg 17HMR. ALso have Springfield XD40 and Browning Buckmarkmark Camper 22LR. Both rifles are tack drivers and mossberg 500 shotgun is dead on with slugs at 100yds.

Comment

I forgot to mention my Crosman BB gun. it's a .177 Pumpmaster. It has a ton of power, great for whacking pests. I knew there had be another Pittsburgher around somewhere! And Seadog, good luck teaching your wife to shoot. I'm trying to teach my sister to shoot the Crosman without much success...

Comment

Thank you Pittsburgh, I don't get asked this question often enough. Disappointing, because each one has a story or it would not be in my possession. Some guns are keepsakes from my childhood or are valued because they were my father's guns. Others are calibers that I enjoy for one reason or another. Some are for specific game animals. Some shoot flat and far, some shot fast, others strike with great impact and some belch smoke.
                    Regardless, a rifle must be accurate or I lose interest.
                    Presently I have:
                    .22 Remington single shot bolt action got at 9 years old haven't been that thrilled by any rifle since
                    .22 Brno repeater bolt -gophers got my son the same rifle
                    .223 CZ Model 527 American - coyotes light and accurate never to be sold
                    25-06 Win Classic - my usual choice as a deer, antelope rifle- long line of 25-06s Ruger, Remington and Tikka still not satisfied sell and acquire Sako
                    7 MM Mauser 98 rebarreled restocked, new trigger - a project great old round long throat to seat bullets long and increase powder capacity, fires BarnesXXX 140 gr bullets only.

I reload all manner of .308 rounds so enjoy experimenting with different bullets, powders and seating depths so I own several rifles in this caliber

.308 M1A Springfield - an accurate semi auto battle rifle reason enough, get to pull the trigger lots- great sights- pull hard ball and use Grand Slam Speers 150 gr. What a bush rifle to swing on that deer flashing thru the trees
                    .308 Browning BLR lever takedown bush gun open sights, action strong to handle reloads handle it once and you want to own one!
                    30-06 Remington Woodsmaster passed down to me
                    300 Winchester Magnum Model 70 my Alaska rifle had it for over 40 years
                    shoots all weights of bullets to relatively the same point of impact.
                    .303 Canadian Long Branch Enfield - they deport you if you don't own one
                    .303 Jungle Carbine my first big game rifle Great peep sight
                    8 mm Mauser military standard issue
                    CZ 550 .375 H & H Magnum dream of actually needing it, nice wake up call at the range

.54 Lyman Hawken made from kit
                    .54 Lyman Great Plains Flint

I have had and may again have rifles in .22 Anschutz, 250-3000, .243, 6.5 X 55, .270, .280, 7 MM Magnum, 7.62X39MM,

Shotguns have been making out into the field more than my centerfires in recent years. I have the desire but often lack the time to pursue big game. It is a story likely told by many on this forum. You work a lifetime and acquire the means but must hurdle responsibilities to enjoy such pursuits. Good thing I love my job and always find the time to hit the range or knock down some geese.

Comment

Opps! I missed the 30-30. They throw you off the forum if you don't own or haven't own a Winchester 30-30.

Comment

Your welcome Kody. I was surprised that this question hadn't been posted an eternity ago.

Comment

Kody, you make me jealous. ;-)

Comment

well guys wish i could own them all but heres mine mod 170 savage in 30-30,custom cz 243,rossi combo 22-410,win 1300 in 12ga,crossman 760 pumpmaster pellet 177cal,colt auto 45cal,mathews sq2.

Comment

Traded my original Jungle Carbine off to put $50 bucks towards a birthday gift my father was getting me. We went down to a pawn shop on 4th Ave in Anchorage to get a 300 Win Mag. Dad always knew what to buy, he bought you what he would have liked for himself and knew with me he would always get it right. We hunted caribou together and fired all manner of firearms. He would often borrow the rifle. Years later I would phone him suggesting I might have to sell the Winchester to tide me over on a new job. "No way," he'd say and send me 50 bucks. It got to be a joke among us as that rifle accounted for a few fifties. The rifle is worth more to me than all the rest combined as I have never lost sight of where true value lies. I'd happily give them all up for one more day in his company. I am not a church going man but I have faith that I will someday see him again.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Remington news
                                by fitch270
                                Just caught this on another forum, wanted to pass it along and get thoughts from anyone interested. Hopefully something good will come out of it.
                                09-27-2020, 05:55 PM
                              • Grips and stocks
                                by dewman
                                so I was shooting the 357 I received from my father yesterday afternoon. The magnas that came on it gave me a good grip but were small enough to make...
                                09-27-2020, 08:55 AM
                              • Youth pheasant hike
                                by fitch270
                                Just the girl and the younger dog today. Ok, so we went hunting but she didn't pop a primer.

Started out with a guilt trip, I let the dogs...
                                09-26-2020, 08:41 PM
                              • Son of a Fitch; goin' mobile
                                by fitch270
                                Kid got his drivers license today, only points off were for not actually turning to look behind him when he pulled out from parallel parking. I told him...
                                09-25-2020, 08:27 PM
                              • Unusual Sound
                                by jhjimbo
                                At camp in S. Ohio I was almost asleep and I heard the strangest howl-screech, bark that I have ever heard. Raised the hair on my neck. About 30min later...
                                09-25-2020, 02:17 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X