Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHAT IS THE MOSTE RILIABLE RIFLE

WHAT IS THE MOSTE RILIABLE RIFLE

one that never gives you any problems LOL just joking, I would say that for versatility in calibers and accuracy, I would say the Remington model 700 or the Ruger model 77 mark #2. I have them both and have had the most success and the most depenable.

Comment

Remington Model 700

Comment

i agree that a bolt action rifle is dependable but I don't believe all bolt actions are created equal. The mauser style bolt with the large extractor claw as opposed to the spring loaded narrow extractor is by far the most reliable. It is a bolt designed for a battle rifle ( Mauser 98) that must perform. Small wonder the large caliber bolt action weapons used on dangerous African game favor the style of bolt. Extractor failures on the spring style are not frequent but they do occur. A high pressure load can damage this more fragile device. With the extractor unable to grap the case rim, the spent case is coming out of the chamber with your jackknife not the action on the bolt. In addition the Mauser bolt handles escaping gas from a case separation well. The Winchester Classic, the Ruger 77, the Ruger Haweye, and the CZ 550 come equipped with this dependable extractor claw. It comes as no surprise that this action is more expensive to produce than most modern bolt actions.

Comment

exactly what joegraz said!

Comment

As an owner of rifles; pump, lever, bolt, semi-automatic and single shot, I have enjoyed shooting my model 700 Remingtons the most. However, as far as being a sturdy, well built, simple, dependable to go boom every time I squeeze the trigger rifle, I'd stick with a break open, single shot by one of the known companies such as H&R, Rossi, NEF or Thompson. With these, there are fewer parts and the parts that are there are built solidly.

Comment

Rifles are like women, they come in many sizes and shapes. You can spend a little for something cheap or spend a lot more and get something better. Buy American!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Pay it forward
                by fitch270
                I'm not sure how much interest this will generate but I figured I'd give it a shot and see how it goes. As a way of saying thanks for the help and entertainment...
                Yesterday, 01:34 PM
              • Reloading Gear Order
                by fitch270
                I have a bunch of stuff in a cart at Midway and wanted to check with you guys before I place the order. A few things on the cheap side I want to make...
                10-17-2020, 08:31 AM
              • Ruger Oops! Round 2
                by dewman
                Asked girls if they want it. (Mk4 Hunter) No. We want another rifle so we aren't sharing the one single shot. Some phone calls and a pal & me meet...
                10-16-2020, 03:20 PM
              • Who hunts big game with a handgun?
                by Ernie
                Any handgun hunters here?
                Describe your hunting handguns (With Pics!) whether they be revolvers, semi-autos or single-shot specialty pistols.
                10-16-2020, 02:01 PM
              • What are you hunting with this season? Pics please!
                by Ernie
                I am new here, so I’d like to get you to know you better
                hi primarily hunt with a variety of handguns for big game, and I like shooting those...
                10-16-2020, 01:43 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X