Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have a T/C inline with a stainless steel barrel. how long can you keep 777 black power pellets in the gun befor it harm the ba

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a T/C inline with a stainless steel barrel. how long can you keep 777 black power pellets in the gun befor it harm the ba

I have a T/C inline with a stainless steel barrel. how long can you keep 777 black power pellets in the gun befor it harm the barrel if the gun has not been fired? I do clean the gun after every 3rd shot.

It shouldn't hurt the barrel to leave the pellets in from one hunting day to the next, or even from one weekend to the next, but be sure you store the gun in a dry location. Doing this raises some safety concerns. Always remove the primer cap. Be sure you know when your gun is stored loaded--I leave the rod in the barrel as a reminder anytime I leave pellets & a slug in the barrel. I don't think it would damage the barrel to leave pellets in longer, but for safety reasons, I never leave my muzzleloader loaded any longer than the few weeks of black powder season. I also unload and clean at the end of the day every time I fire it. You say you clean after every 3rd shot. I think you should clean before you put the gun away even after one shot. If you shoot 3 times in one day before you clean it, that's OK.

Comment

it should last weeks without damageing your gun but dont let the 777 get wet

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Son of a Fitch; goin' mobile
        by fitch270
        Kid got his drivers license today, only points off were for not actually turning to look behind him when he pulled out from parallel parking. I told him...
        Yesterday, 08:27 PM
      • Unusual Sound
        by jhjimbo
        At camp in S. Ohio I was almost asleep and I heard the strangest howl-screech, bark that I have ever heard. Raised the hair on my neck. About 30min later...
        Yesterday, 02:17 PM
      • bedding on new rifle
        by Amflyer
        Finally painted some release and on the action and blocked the undercuts with clay. Was out of the commercial release, a vinyl paint on solution by Brownells,...
        Yesterday, 12:22 AM
      • Pictures blocked when logged out?
        by fitch270
        Can't quite figure this one out since it doesn't happen on F&S, if I'm not logged in posted pictures aren't showing up. Doubt its just me.
        09-24-2020, 08:57 PM
      • Son of a Fitch: turkey taxidermy
        by fitch270

The kid put this together with his solo bird from this spring. He split a slice of maple for the mounting board, dried the...
        09-23-2020, 07:43 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X