Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i am looking at get a rifle. need some more thoughts before i go for it. Savage 110 or tikka t3 lite. left handed, bolt action a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i am looking at get a rifle. need some more thoughts before i go for it. Savage 110 or tikka t3 lite. left handed, bolt action a

i am looking at get a rifle. need some more thoughts before i go for it. Savage 110 or tikka t3 lite. left handed, bolt action and in .30-06. whats your thoughts? Thanks

well personally i would use the savage they are incredibly accurate and if you get the new ones they have the accustock and the accutrigger which benefit the rifles shooting and the accutrigger elimnates trigger creap and makes it so you wont jerk the trigger

Comment

I would agree. Savage makes a great gun. I have a model 12 in .223 with accutrigger and a bull barrel and that thing can bust a milk jug at 500+ yards no problem. The accutrigger is a huge plus. Their new accustock sounds like a great thing as well.

Comment

I have to disagree with the guys recommending the Savage over the Tikka. Yes I like the Savage trigger and I believe they are very good value. I have owned several but they are no longer in my gun cases. Having owned both makes of rifles, I say if you can afford the Tikka, it is the one to buy. Why? The Savage bolt is strong and functional, but it is ugly and clumsy compared to the Tikka bolt. Furthermore, the Tikka lines are a thing of beauty compared to the Savage. Aside from the aesthetics, you will hard pressed to find a rifle out of the box that shoots as consistently well as a Tikka. Throw both rifles to your shoulder and tell me the Tikka doesn't feel better. You pay more for the Tikka because it is worth more! That much you can tell at a glance and the shooting will only confirm that view.

Comment

I see you have as choices the Savage 110 which has the wood stock versus the Tikka3 with the synthetic stock. I would pick the Savage; whether it was the 110 or 111 model. The Savage has more features than the Tikka that I like.... three position safety, open receiver, and clean lines to name a few. I don't care for the closed receiver on the Tikka, the two position safety, plus the Tikka3 looks blocky around the receiver area.

I have a Savage 110 in .270 Winchester caliber (pre-AccuTrigger). I have the 100 yard factory test target. The best three shot group is .430 inches with a overall five shot group of .955 inches. That is out of the box accuracy.

Comment

thanks guys i looked at the savage with accushock but i cant find one in that model that is left handed. what is you thoughts on the the wood savage uses. to me it seems plactic like. some of their models for leftys are in stainless barrels which i not want thanks again on your previus thoughts

Comment

well i would go with the tikka t3 lite i own one my self and love it it is a little more money but its a great rifle highly recomended my friend has a savage and would rather have my rifle and they are easy to find in left hand. they are extreamly reliable accurate and looks great.

Comment

The Savage I have has a wood stock and I like it. I do woodworking as a hobby and I have no complaints about Savage's wood stocks. I oiled my wood stock with Hoppe's No. 9 oil which leaves it protected, gives a low lustre - non-reflective - not shiny like a gloss finish and doesn't have a smell to it.

Comment

Both are fine guns. You'll likely find the Savage a bit less expensive than the Tikka, so if you buy the Savage spend a little more on the glass. You'll be find with either one. Good luck.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Home Defense
                    by jhjimbo
                    If you are using your bird gun for double duty of house defense remember to remove the plug. Might as well have full magazine capacity. Also, I have...
                    Yesterday, 02:15 PM
                  • Pay it forward
                    by fitch270
                    I'm not sure how much interest this will generate but I figured I'd give it a shot and see how it goes. As a way of saying thanks for the help and entertainment...
                    10-18-2020, 01:34 PM
                  • Reloading Gear Order
                    by fitch270
                    I have a bunch of stuff in a cart at Midway and wanted to check with you guys before I place the order. A few things on the cheap side I want to make...
                    10-17-2020, 08:31 AM
                  • Ruger Oops! Round 2
                    by dewman
                    Asked girls if they want it. (Mk4 Hunter) No. We want another rifle so we aren't sharing the one single shot. Some phone calls and a pal & me meet...
                    10-16-2020, 03:20 PM
                  • Who hunts big game with a handgun?
                    by Ernie
                    Any handgun hunters here?
                    Describe your hunting handguns (With Pics!) whether they be revolvers, semi-autos or single-shot specialty pistols.
                    10-16-2020, 02:01 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X