No announcement yet.

Decisions, decisions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dunno number of tables. The gunshow itself is called the Indy 1500. At the Indianapolis/ marion county fairgrounds

I try to not go. They used to have the Bill Goodman shows there too. Those my bud and I liked.

Grew up doing smaller shows w my dad. Was fun. Now theyre just a PITA.

And prices so stupid.

Did see a decent rig at last small local show. If by some odd chance it shows up at the July show Ill buy it

A 760 ( late model so looks like 7600 ) in 35 rem

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post

1500 the number of tables?

I’d like to check out one of those huge shows sometime.
      They have one in OKC at the fairgrounds. To actually SEE what is on each table would take a couple of days. The show doesn't last that long.
      Fort Worth gun show is at the coliseum. Just to shop along to see what you could find would be an all day affair. Forget stopping to bargain or haggle.
      The biggest show I've ever been to was at the Astro Hall in Houston back about 1976. DID NOT see it all! 👀
      Waco, TX has a pretty nice show. You can actually shop and bargain and still see the whole show.
      Wichita Falls, TX used to have a pretty nice little show. You could actually circle it 3 or 4 times, bidding, haggling and shopping. Some pretty fair deals.
      Back about 2014/2015, it dropped from 350 tables to 150 tables. Most gun dealers departed. It looked more like a semi armed flea market. LOL!
      Lawton and Chickasha, OK shows aren't very big.
      The thing with the smaller shows, some of the sellers are pretty desperate to sell or they have no idea what they have is worth.
      With those huge shows, the market is large enough you should overprice everything. With several thousand people eyeing your wares, there has got to be at least ONE buyer who will bargain with you.

I like them all!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget