Decisions, decisions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
    For me, gun shows are a love/hate relationship.
    I love to go because you never know just WHAT you may find.
    I hate it when I make a discovery and you realize the few Benjamins in your pocket are, at best, half of what it's marked.
    Anymore I make it a point to carry as much as I’m comfortable spending in one outing. If that’s not enough then I don’t need it. Possible I could run across several items on my wish list at once someday but if the past 10-15 years are any indication it’s not very likely.

It’s probably a good thing I didn’t have the same percentage of discretionary income back in the day, my will power wasn’t nearly as strong then as it is now.

Comment

My sorrow often came from acquiring a new gun, by peeling one I already had. Truly the best bargaining currency in a gun deal is another gun. So many deals, so many second thoughts. Madness.

Comment

Please no one start a thread on the guns you got rid of that you wish you still had. I don't have enough alcohol on hand to help me sleep through it.😞😞😫😩😣

Comment

My 1895G is presently worth much more than I paid for it, JM stamped Marlins are at a premium right now. Between being preoccupied with getting the kid’s outfitted the past few years and our elk trip it hasn’t gotten much attention so it’s been in the back of my mind that I could part with it.

Yeah, no, not happening.

Comment

Went to the gun show and wandered around for a few hours. The last time I was at one was during the Obama ammo shortage. Things changed. More tables, more variety, more women. Strangest was, very few Rem 870's and lots of M1 carbines and plenty of parts for them.

Comment

Originally posted by franchi20 View Post
              Went to the gun show and wandered around for a few hours. The last time I was at one was during the Obama ammo shortage. Things changed. More tables, more variety, more women. Strangest was, very few Rem 870's and lots of M1 carbines and plenty of parts for them.
              Was it worth your time and did you bring anything home?

Comment

Well, it got me out of the house for a few hours. I didn't bring anything home, but I did see a lot of interesting things. Not so much for guns, but silencers, targets and stands for them, artsy stuff, knives, lots of stuff that wasn't there 10 years ago.

Comment

I just wish the bigger shows were closer to home. Used to be I’d go with a friend or two and we’d make a day of it with a few stops along the way.

Some of the artsy stuff is neat but I usually think my wife and I could make the same stuff ourselves. Never get around to it.

Comment

Hit up the spring show that’s nearest to me, got there at the opening time but the room was already full. Turned out the SS Rem 700 was there again and marked down $25 from the last time. Unfortunately, maybe, another guy had his hand on it and was discussing a possible trade. It looked like he went to get his gun so I figured I’d take a lap to give it a few minutes. Just didn’t want to be “that guy”. When I come back around there’s another guy filling out a 4473 and the dealer pulling the tag and zip tying the action back up. Oh well.

Sometimes it just works out that way. The rifle was an ADL and my plan was to convert it to a hinged floor plate. I’ve been looking into bottom metal options and right now it’s slim pickings, SS in particular.

Wasn’t much else there I was interested in. One guy had a plain black Rem VersaMax but wanted $1K. Too much. Plenty of ammo, a couple tables with Fed AutoMatch for $45/box.
                    Swung into Walmart on my way back and met my wife. Bought 5 boxes of the same for $21.16 each. Also picked up a box of Remington 20ga Nitro Turkey 5’s for $5.96/10. They’re still limiting to 3 boxes per day per person total. They had some other shotshell options but no centerfire rounds.

I also stopped into DSP just to look, it’s a small store to begin with but the hunting section is noticeably reduced. Lots of guns in stock however. They also had some ammo behind the counter. Remington Core Locks in 30/06 for $69/box. 😳😱😡

Comment

Indy1500 this weekend.
                      Went to LGS last Sat. They had an HK 45C. Used w one small scratch in plastic, felt good but my OCD said pass.

Went to next case and there was a new P30L w safety. New so had 17 round mags (2) vs the reg 15 rounders like mine came with.

Bought it and took my reg P30L in and put on consign. Im into it right so it will move quickly.

Saw a 642 like new. Got the ol lady as she said she wanted one. Used, could try on range.
                      One shot and she was done. Initially she said the safety was on...
                      LOL it has none. Thats reg trigger pull weight ( shes a wimp ). I asked for it and said this is how you shoot a j frame, and double tapped the target at 21 ft.

Both in the red bull. So yeah, went back Monday and bought it. For me.

Havent sold the bomber jeep yet.
                      So had to use my Leupold.scope stash.

So no new scope for a while.
                      Last edited by CD2; 03-09-2022, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Broke so not going to the 1500 gunshow LOL Did see an HK SL8 for sale, unfired. Conversion to G36 is insane price. Plus ya gotta go 922r.

Id go fixed stock, still cost 600 to.convert if not doing full G36 and Promag does make single stack 20 rounders that supposedly work well.

I was thinking just run it as is for chucks and yotes. Mid weight bbl and 10 round mag sounds about right.

Comment

Im a user, not a collector. So if I aint using it, away it goes.

Been thinking of selling my .22 riflr, as Id rather use my .22 pistol. Contender, i like em but rarely shoot mine.
                          My old1911 i never liked the rear sight. Think if it cant be machined for a Bomar send it down the road.

But it shoots wonderfully.

I only need a 20 ga and im done.
                          Last edited by CD2; 03-09-2022, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Feel guilty buying new stuff, have pinched pennies forever. Work bonus, rather put in bank than buy stuff. Proly all get used by gas price increase

The ol lady wants me to get a panfisher 16 type of boat. Uh, cant tow that w the toaster LOL
                            I dont want more payments either.

Maybe some deals will be had when things get bad.

Comment

Truck prices above retail. Wonder if theyll be able to sell any when gas hits 7 bucks a gallon ( part of Bidens green policies- get rid of fossil fuel machines ).

Might find a boat and truck package deal, w a shotgun too......when things go to heck.

Comment

Originally posted by CD2 View Post
                                Broke so not going to the 1500 gunshow LOL Did see an HK SL8 for sale, unfired. Conversion to G36 is insane price. Plus ya gotta go 922r.

Id go fixed stock, still cost 600 to.convert if not doing full G36 and Promag does make single stack 20 rounders that supposedly work well.

I was thinking just run it as is for chucks and yotes. Mid weight bbl and 10 round mag sounds about right.

1500 the number of tables?

I’d like to check out one of those huge shows sometime.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget