Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You think the New 17WSM RimFire 3000fps can take deer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You think the New 17WSM RimFire 3000fps can take deer?

A lot people been asking the same question.

Yes. I've seen feral pigs killed with the cartridge using head shots.

Comment

Sure, it CAN with careful shot placement at appropriate range, but that doesn't mean that it's an ethical thing to do. You CAN kill a deer with an ice pick, but-----

Comment

If I were in a survival situation, maybe.
        To actually go out with the intention of killing a deer with a .17 WSM?
        THAT, mi amigo, to put it mildly, just ain't very smart!

Comment

Sure it can, but shot placement would be critical. It would have to be a head shot. Of course no State, to my knowledge, would allow legal hunting with a rimfire like the .17WSM. It is best suited for ground hogs, small game and coyotes. It is devistating on ground hogs to over 200yds.

P.S. I was just at Cabelas the other day and .17WSM was $10 and change for a box of 50. I think that is less than .22mag.

Comment

It is not an ethical method of harvest. Can and should are two very very different things. I would call into question the morals of anyone who calls themselves a hunter and sets out to take a deer with a .17 WSM.

Comment

This is the kind of crap that happens when under gunned nitwits try "head" shots!

https://www.fieldandstream.com/answers/deer-hunting/what-do-you-figure-happened-here

Comment

Can you? Probably.

Should you? Now that’s another kettle of fish.

Comment

Survival Guns in WW II AAC, Were Savage M-24s 410bore/22/Hornet! So Anything is Possible!?!

Comment

When I was a kid ,I watched an experienced shooter dispatch hogs in a slaughter house,up close with .22lr .Most times it was pretty quick,but more often than you wanted to see ,sometimes it took 2 or 3 shots ,and the animals had no where to run. I don,t want to see this with any animal,have enough compassion to finish Quickly what you start,or someone may take that rifle from you.

Comment

A lot of people like who?

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget