New for 2022 -see anything you like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Amflyer View Post
    WAM is correct about the price of 16 gauge shells compared to 12. If you need to shoot a lot for each bird that makes the bag, then like he, you should consider all the extra cost incurred. All that missing gets expensive!

Of course I'm jesting.

But keep in mind that the man shoots Weatherby rifles...the only brand where factory ammo comes with several options for financing, with low monthly payments...
    It seems Federal premium ammo now exceeds some of Roy’s finest? LOL
    48207308-D214-455F-B46D-12BE684212D4.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by WA Mtnhunter View Post

It seems Federal premium ammo now exceeds some of Roy’s finest? LOL
      48207308-D214-455F-B46D-12BE684212D4.jpg
      I don’t recognize the shelf tags, what store were you at? Prices aside it looks like they actually have some inventory. I haven’t been in any small shops lately but the few big boxes around here are still barren.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post

I don’t recognize the shelf tags, what store were you at? Prices aside it looks like they actually have some inventory. I haven’t been in any small shops lately but the few big boxes around here are still barren.
        Sportsman’s Warehouse in Spokane is starting to get some inventory. Local North 40 Outfitters must have gotten a dump of .308 and .30-06 the other day as it was piled high behind the counter. Mostly Federal and Remington. I didn’t check the price since I was not in the market I only fired 6 rounds of center fire rifle ammo last season. 5 at the range and 1 at a bull. At that pace, I’ll never run out of handloads! 🤣

Comment

Originally posted by Amflyer View Post
          WAM is correct about the price of 16 gauge shells compared to 12. If you need to shoot a lot for each bird that makes the bag, then like he, you should consider all the extra cost incurred. All that missing gets expensive!

Of course I'm jesting.

But keep in mind that the man shoots Weatherby rifles...the only brand where factory ammo comes with several options for financing, with low monthly payments...
          That’s a noshitter. 6.5-300 Weatherby was $109 a box the other day. Inflation my big Ol butt! Gouging is the word…

Comment

That’s a noshitter. 6.5-300 Weatherby was $109 a box the other day. Inflation my big Ol butt! Gouging is the word…
            ....and I thought $60/bx for .458 Win Mag in early 2000's was tough! 😳

Comment

I’ve put in about 120 hours of OT since New Years and haven’t found a thing to spend some fun money on. Not that I don’t have ideas, just haven’t run across what I have in mind. The horror.

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post

....and I thought $60/bx for .458 Win Mag in early 2000's was tough! 😳
                Well, I won’t be buying any factory ammo anytime soon regardless of price. I did buy some Barnes LR ammo for my ‘06 a while ago at a normal price. I was curious to see how it shoots the Barnes 175 gr LRX. I also ordered some 168 gr TTSX direct from Barnes since they were in stock and I was running low. I hope everyone finds their ammo before hunting season. A buddy called me the other day looking for .300 WSM for a S. Africa plains game hunt in 3 weeks. I don’t do short fats but he found some suitable ammo online.

Comment

Looked at a Citori Hunter 20 ga. Wood was bland.
                  Need a 20 for dove and bunnies.

Would be happy w 870 special field.
                  But a " nicer " gun would be cool.

May just try to score an SKB used at bigger show this summer.

Comment

Only thing I might buy is vx3 HD 30mm 3.5-10x w firedot.

Heck, i might sell a couple items.

I dont need much, just time and health to get out and use what I have.

Kids wanted to hit range yesterday but I was still having vision/ dizzy episodes. Slowly recovering.

Should be good in another week. Watch the weather turn to suck LOL

Comment

Originally posted by CD2 View Post
                      Looked at a Citori Hunter 20 ga. Wood was bland.
                      Need a 20 for dove and bunnies.

Would be happy w 870 special field.
                      But a " nicer " gun would be cool.

May just try to score an SKB used at bigger show this summer.
                      I had an 1100 special field 20ga once right after they first came out. I struggled mightily to hit a dove with it. Don't think the straight grip was the issue but rather it was likely the short barrel. Got my money back selling it to someone who didn't dove hunt and thought it cool looking. Brownings have always been rather bland in their wood on basic grades, saving it for all their top grades I guess. Guess one could get lucky. The A5s my brother and I got from our father are close to grain less. Seen some SKBs for sale around here but they've jumped up in price substantially.

Comment

Picked up a 308 yesterday. Ammo everywhere. Winchester super-x $26.98 and Federal power shock (blue box) $24.98 respectively. If some 7mm08 Federal Fusion show up at $30 or so fine, if not, I won't be losing sleep. I'm sure the deer won't notice the difference.

Comment

My Jeep has lots of issues (230k ) and the 4wd works fine, ride is good. But I think something w functional AC is required this year.

Im out car shopping. Talk about stress. No deals on anything used/ decent. Nothing on lots new

Am so fed up w the BS I may drive to the big city and just buy a damn new one.

Rather not spend the money ( been pinching pennies forever ). But if I go new, proly a Jeep Renegade turbo, limited. I dont need Trailhawk stuff and as much as they cost, Id sure not take it on trail.

Found a used reg one, 30k miles. Gonna drive it in a bit. Lower trim level. Cheaper
                          Last edited by CD2; 02-28-2022, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CD2 View Post
                            My Jeep has lots of issues (230k ) and the 4wd works fine, ride is good. But I think something w functional AC is required this year.

Im out car shopping. Talk about stress. No deals on anything used/ decent. Nothing on lots new

Am so fed up w the BS I may drive to the big city and just buy a damn new one.

Rather not spend the money ( been pinching pennies forever ). But if I go new, proly a Jeep Renegade turbo, limited. I dont need Trailhawk stuff and as much as they cost, Id sure not take it on trail.

Found a used reg one, 30k miles. Gonna drive it in a bit. Lower trim level. Cheaper
                            I've not looked at Jeeps in a long time. Rented one for a week when in St. Croix back in 2016 and it was alright, just not as much cargo space as in my 2002 Xterra.

The plan is to maintain my three vehicles as needed for at least another 4 to 5 years. The others are a 2012 Ford Fusion and a 2017 Ford Fusion. All three were paid for several years ago. The two sedans get about 30 mpg.

The Xterra and older Fusion will be replaced by whatever I pick as my retirement vehicle, most likely another 4x4 SUV.

Comment

I’ve looked at newer vehicles and am amazed at the gall of dealers asking the price of new for vehicles with 100k miles and asking 20-40% above MSRP. So the big wheels keep on turning….

Comment

I’ve looked at newer vehicles and am amazed at the gall of dealers asking the price of new for vehicles with 100k miles and asking 20-40% above MSRP. So the big wheels keep on turning….
                                My oldest sister, bless her heart, the dealership where she bought her car is constantly calling her wanting to buy her car. They offer damn near what she paid for that shoebox!
                                Used cars have gone ape hockey! 👀

She's one of those that stays loyal to the dealer. She goes there for regular service and recalls.
                                I keep telling her to find an independent she can trust and only go to the dealer for recalls and warranty work....but she won't do it.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Parallax adj
                                  by CD2
                                  Somebody wanted my Leupold VX1 3-9x a while back and figured Id get a new Freedom .22 lr model to replace it.

Bud never came for scope and...
                                  08-07-2022, 06:22 PM
                                • TriggerTech installed
                                  by fitch270
                                  First off an apology, the lens protector on my cellphone case is getting scuffed up so pics aren’t so clear.

Mailman brought this yesterday,...
                                  08-06-2022, 10:09 PM
                                • Aquila ammo test
                                  by dewman
                                  Tested Aquila Super Colibri (590fps), Super Extra hp (1280fps) & Interceptor (1470 fps ).
                                  Super Colibri (590) maybe good up to 30' 3-1/2"-4"...
                                  08-05-2022, 05:11 PM
                                • Show and Tell
                                  by Amflyer
                                  Show me a picture and tell me (us) about your favorite hunting or fishing something.
                                  08-04-2022, 07:23 PM
                                • College Orientation News
                                  by fitch270
                                  Yesterday I finally got to check out the college the Kid will be attending in just three short weeks. I wasn’t really sure what to expect but left with...
                                  07-30-2022, 12:37 AM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X