X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post

That was just mean.

😜

In a way it’s also fairly true from a performance stand point when you compare effectiveness vs recoil. I still doubt you’ll see any tacticool 16ga shotguns anytime soon. At least I hope not.
    So, you think cutting down the barrel on my 16 gauge Rem "Sportsman", adding a barrel shroud, a pic rail and an adjustable stock may not be a good idea? 🤔

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post

So, you think cutting down the barrel on my 16 gauge Rem "Sportsman", adding a barrel shroud, a pic rail and an adjustable stock may not be a good idea? 🤔
      Not if you want to make use of those Briley tubes!!!!

Comment

That was just mean.

😜

In a way it’s also fairly true from a performance stand point when you compare effectiveness vs recoil. I still doubt you’ll see any tacticool 16ga shotguns anytime soon. At least I hope not.
        Got no beef with the 16 ga. If you like hard to find, expensive ammo; then be my guest! No thanks, I’ll stick with my 12’s and 20’s.

Comment

Originally posted by WA Mtnhunter View Post

Got no beef with the 16 ga. If you like hard to find, expensive ammo; then be my guest! No thanks, I’ll stick with my 12’s and 20’s.
          Heck, right now all ammo is expensive and hard to find. I only have 12’s and 20’s myself with no plans to buy a 16, especially not a new one.

Comment

Not if you want to make use of those Briley tubes!!!!
            Three hundred, well spent, hard earned bucks! 😀
            Last edited by FirstBubba; 01-23-2022, 11:57 AM.

Comment

fitch270
              "... Heck, right now all ammo is expensive and hard to find. I only have 12’s and 20’s myself with no plans to buy a 16, especially not a new one. ..."

Actually, 16 gauge ammo isn't THAT hard to locate.....IF you know where to look. 😉 "Quantity" and "shot size", on the other hand, may be problematic.

Academy* seems to always have a few boxes in stock. It's nearly always field loads and number 6 or 7.5 shot. So selection is limited.
              ....but it's nearly always there. .....and it's not as expensive as .410 ammo! THAT stuff is unbelievably expensive!

* - I try to always buy at least one box of 16 if/when I go to Academy. I think I've probably got close to a case set back. Not always what I want, but beats throwing rocks.
              Last edited by FirstBubba; 01-23-2022, 12:33 PM.

Comment

My LGS has a few diff import 16 ga loads, usually in stock.
                Domestic........nope.
                Slugs...........nope.

We finally got snow but I don't own a 20 ga at the moment, so no bunny poppin for me.
                Id like a small frame 870, preferably a Special Field. But they'd stupid money now and I rarely hunt rabbits so don't see dropping that much.
                If I did I'd go a few more and get an OU.

Comment

In the process of moving and cleaning out storage, I “found” a couple of cases of waterfowl and trap loads. I’m good to go for a while…
                  Also found the missing boxes of 6.5-300 Weatherby that I could not lay hands on during hunting season. Look out whitetail population! I was thrilled to find a handmade sheath for my Pendleton Lite knife that Carney made for me. Priceless!

Comment

In the process of moving and cleaning out storage, I “found” a couple of cases of waterfowl and trap loads. I’m good to go for a while…
                    Also found the missing boxes of 6.5-300 Weatherby that I could not lay hands on during hunting season. Look out whitetail population! I was thrilled to find a handmade sheath for my Pendleton Lite knife that Carney made for me. Priceless!
                    I haven't found any treasure of misplaced gear in a very long time. Finding a misplaced gift from a friend has got to feel really good.
                    Maybe I should move? 🤔

Comment

Originally posted by dewman View Post

I haven't found any treasure of misplaced gear in a very long time. Finding a misplaced gift from a friend has got to feel really good.
                      Maybe I should move? 🤔
                      It did feel good to find valuable stuff that I misplaced! 😂

Comment

Originally posted by dewman View Post

Maybe I should move? 🤔
                        No. No you don't! LOL!

I move twice a year! OK to TX in the fall and TX to OK in the spring!
                        Since we stay with the youngest in TX and have our own "room", I'm pretty much set up clothing wise. Maintaining a set of tools, however, gets problematic....but I'm working at it!

I either left it in OK or I left it in TX! 😖!

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post

Cut away, just keep it to legal length

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post

Cut away, just keep it to legal length
                            Oh! Okay! 🤓!

Comment

WAM is correct about the price of 16 gauge shells compared to 12. If you need to shoot a lot for each bird that makes the bag, then like he, you should consider all the extra cost incurred. All that missing gets expensive!

Of course I'm jesting.

But keep in mind that the man shoots Weatherby rifles...the only brand where factory ammo comes with several options for financing, with low monthly payments...

Comment

Originally posted by Amflyer View Post
                                WAM is correct about the price of 16 gauge shells compared to 12. If you need to shoot a lot for each bird that makes the bag, then like he, you should consider all the extra cost incurred. All that missing gets expensive!

Of course I'm jesting.

But keep in mind that the man shoots Weatherby rifles...the only brand where factory ammo comes with several options for financing, with low monthly payments...
                                LOL! And I reload for less than a box of high-end pedestrian Core-Lokts.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Dirty Thirty
                                  by Ernie
                                  This is BCG 308 Winchester XP-100, using a Remington Take-Off 308 Winchester barrel chopped to 15.8" Holland's Radial Baffle Brake, Leupold Mark...
                                  Today, 12:56 PM
                                • 243 Odyssey & squirrel prep
                                  by dewman
                                  Went to youngest daughters graduation these last 3 days in Hannibal. (Masters from HLG). On the return trip stopped in a mom & pop convenience store....
                                  05-16-2022, 04:14 PM
                                • Angry Consumers Buy Bulk SMS Service Sneaking
                                  by shatikhatun
                                  Their complaints into the subconscious of other buyers and marking their purchase decisions Others may say that such comments are unhelpful, but your...
                                  05-10-2022, 03:43 AM
                                • Monday Already?
                                  by fitch270
                                  05-09-2022, 12:29 PM
                                • Laughing Hurts
                                  by fitch270
                                  I’m glad I saw Motley Crue 30+ years ago. This is both painful to watch and funny as he.. at the same time.

05-05-2022, 07:47 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X