New for 2022 -see anything you like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New for 2022 -see anything you like?

Outdoorlife and F&S are both running New for 2022 articles. Anyone see anything that interests you? Guns, ammo, optics, gear, any thoughts? Just curious.
    Stay safe

https://www.outdoorlife.com/guns/new...hot-show-2022/

I found a few of the new shotguns interesting in the linked OL article. But, I just bought a new CZ 1012 right before Christmas so am good for now and may never buy another shotgun. Will check out the other new equipment articles and comment here. Thanks for starting this thread

Comment

Here's a F&S article

New Ammo From the 2022 SHOT Show | Field & Stream (fieldandstream.com)

I'm glad CCI released the Blazer 9mm with brass cases and a lead-free primer. May try a box.

The other I find interesting is Hornady's new CX bullet I'm curious about how well it will do on game. I've been a fan of monolithics for several decades.

Comment

Since CX is the abbreviation for Drag Coefficient, I find it amusing that the CX line does not have as good of a G1 BC as the TTSX and certainly not as good as the Barnes LRX line. Maybe they’re cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by WA Mtnhunter View Post
          Since CX is the abbreviation for Drag Coefficient, I find it amusing that the CX line does not have as good of a G1 BC as the TTSX and certainly not as good as the Barnes LRX line. Maybe they’re cheaper.
          That is interesting. Wouldn't have thought that.

Comment

While it's nice to see new ammo I'd be even happier to have the selection of old ammo back on the shelves. If I could just get 2 identical boxes of 7-08 my stress level would fall greatly. Appease me ammo guys, appease me😫

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
              https://www.outdoorlife.com/guns/new...hot-show-2022/

I found a few of the new shotguns interesting in the linked OL article. But, I just bought a new CZ 1012 right before Christmas so am good for now and may never buy another shotgun. Will check out the other new equipment articles and comment here. Thanks for starting this thread
              Yow-zah!
              Like the look of this!

TriStar Bristol

The Bristol was built with affordability in mind. Tristar

Gonna do a little research to see where they are built! 😃

Comment

Can remember when a box of Peter's were hot stuff! A vest full of Peter's "Blue Whistlers" guaranteed a full game pouch and a sore shoulder!

Good stuff, Maynard!

Peters Premier Blue Paper Shotshells

Peters Premier Blue Paper Shotshells sell for about $19 for a box of 25. Remington Ammunition

Bet they ain't the same as the 1950's!

Comment

The Beretta A300 Ultima might be as close to what I’m looking for in a utility shotgun as I’ve seen, especially if I could find one in 20 gauge.

I found the write up interesting on the new Rem 870’s, sounds like the new company is trying to address some known issues. Question is how well they pull it off. I doubt I’d buy one but would like to get one in my hands just the same.

Comment

Well, as I feared, the Tristar Bristol is manufactured in Turkey. Still a nice looking gun

...BUT...

Am I noticing an increase in 16 gauge shotguns?

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post

Am I noticing an increase in 16 gauge shotguns?
                      Nicely pairs with the 6.5 Creedmoor..

Comment

WAM,
                        Well, the 16 gauge has had a spot in the lineup a long time. The 6.5 CM is just a rookie.
                        Yeah, yeah, yeah...I've heard it for years.
                        If you want more, go to a 12 gauge.
                        If you want less, go to a 20 gauge.
                        Guess my question would be, "Why not a 16 gauge?"
                        The "one gun hunter" would be well served by a 16.

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
                          The "one gun hunter" would be well served by a 16.
                          Really? The only gauge with no 3" option best for a 1 gun hunter. Have to disagree on this one. I know the 16 holds a special place in your heart so I'll overlook it just this once. 😉
                          Would also point out the 3" 20 has continued to strengthen a following with duck/turkey hunters.

Comment

Originally posted by dewman View Post

Really? The only gauge with no 3" option best for a 1 gun hunter. Have to disagree on this one. I know the 16 holds a special place in your heart so I'll overlook it just this once. 😉
                            Would also point out the 3" 20 has continued to strengthen a following with duck/turkey hunters.
                            You do realize that hunters almost wiped out waterfowl without the benefits of 3" ammo?

I've killed alot of game with "non-magnum" 16 gauge guns. Ya just gotta be patient enough to let 'em get a bit closer. 😉

Comment

That was just mean.

😜

In a way it’s also fairly true from a performance stand point when you compare effectiveness vs recoil. I still doubt you’ll see any tacticool 16ga shotguns anytime soon. At least I hope not.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Dirty Thirty
                                by Ernie
                                This is BCG 308 Winchester XP-100, using a Remington Take-Off 308 Winchester barrel chopped to 15.8" Holland's Radial Baffle Brake, Leupold Mark...
                                Today, 12:56 PM
                              • 243 Odyssey & squirrel prep
                                by dewman
                                Went to youngest daughters graduation these last 3 days in Hannibal. (Masters from HLG). On the return trip stopped in a mom & pop convenience store....
                                05-16-2022, 04:14 PM
                              • Angry Consumers Buy Bulk SMS Service Sneaking
                                by shatikhatun
                                Their complaints into the subconscious of other buyers and marking their purchase decisions Others may say that such comments are unhelpful, but your...
                                05-10-2022, 03:43 AM
                              • Monday Already?
                                by fitch270
                                05-09-2022, 12:29 PM
                              • Laughing Hurts
                                by fitch270
                                I’m glad I saw Motley Crue 30+ years ago. This is both painful to watch and funny as he.. at the same time.

05-05-2022, 07:47 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X