Are you kidding me FARROWTECH!!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you kidding me FARROWTECH!!?

Less than 1 box of 6.5 C and this. $85 pi##ed away. IMG_0077.jpg IMG_2672.jpg IMG_2675.jpg

I know no one else has a CVA Scout v2 with one of these on here but a BUYER BEWARE is always important to these forums.

Comment

Wood?
      Contender factory walnut used to bust the ears.
      Looked great but on anything kicker, was prone to give up the ghost.
      Why i always run synth on em.

If synth maybe a bad mold design, or actual product fault ( design ). Was it 3d printed?

I ran a Choate M4 adapter on a 35 rem Contender and it was fine, ugly as sin, but no probs. Went to a reg style synth stock (TC ) which also was made by Choate. Rynite IIRC, which is just a 30 percent glass filled polyester.

Both plastic stocks had thin ears like yours.
      Last edited by CD2; 12-28-2021, 10:54 AM.

Comment

The stock came apart?
        That's just crazy!
        Manufacturers are working hard to make things cheaper....and it appears to be backfiring!

Comment

Yes it was 3D printed out of I believe ABS.

Comment

Haven't messed w ABS much, had some controller housings made way back and thought it kinda weak.
            I didn't see the spec, so dunno what % glass added, or if any.
            Knew it did NOT meet the thermal needs, so had to lower assembly cure temp (normally 150 C), which doubled cure time.
            The PET stuff was our normal, 30% glass filled or thereabouts IIRC.

It did go to hell after a healthy run through Autoclave. But then it did better than others LOL

Am not up on 3D printing, so dunno if that process limits material choice or if they just chose something faster/easier/cheaper.

Might be a decent design, maybe even material, could be it just needs done in a mold.
            Last edited by CD2; 12-28-2021, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Think I'll just stick with it as a conventional pistol

Comment

Did that happen all at once under recoil or slowly give it up? Guess what I’m really wondering was did the barreled action go flying after a shot or did the ears finish breaking off after. Seems like a good way to catch it in the teeth, hope nobody or the barreled action/optic was damaged.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
                  Did that happen all at once under recoil or slowly give it up? Guess what I’m really wondering was did the barreled action go flying after a shot or did the ears finish breaking off after. Seems like a good way to catch it in the teeth, hope nobody or the barreled action/optic was damaged.
                  The grip stayed on, I remained in control of the gun. They peeled of like old flower petals. Wasn't dramatic at all, just look ma no ears.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget