Burris fans - Academy sports sale starting August 23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burris fans - Academy sports sale starting August 23

Title says it all . Was thinking there were some Burris fans on here, in case you didn't see it. Stay safe IMG_2513.PNG

Thanks for the heads up. Those E1's get good reviews and are $159 on Amazon, so this is about 20% less.

I need one more new scope and will take a look at this one. It's manufactured in the Philippines for Burris by the same company that does the Sig Sauer I recently got for $100.

EDIT:

Apparently this model has been discontinued and thus the good price. The new E1's are

3-9 x 40
    4.5-14 x 42
    6.5-20 x 50

Fullfield E1 Riflescopes | Burris Optics
    Last edited by PigHunter; 08-16-2021, 04:26 PM.

Comment

"... It's manufactured in the Philippians ..."

The "Philipians"? I wasn't aware there was a scope plant in the Bible!? LOL! 👀!

(all in good fun!)

Comment

Seriously, I can remember when Burris wasn't a bad little scope for the money.
        Anymore, I still think I'd scrimp and save a little more and go with a Leupold "Freedom". Their "Freedom" series isn't that much more expensive and I believe will perform longer and better in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
          "... It's manufactured in the Philippians ..."

The "Philipians"? I wasn't aware there was a scope plant in the Bible!? LOL! 👀!

(all in good fun!)
          Dang, didn't watch the spell check close enough!

The Leupold Freedom is made here in the USA. Their 3-9x50 is almost $300 on Amazon. For hunting, I'm willing to bet that there is no practical difference between it and the Burris above. Same field conditions, same situation, the Leupold would not be significantly better. The $170 saved by buying the Burris could go to quality ammo and practice. Now that would make more of a difference. Just my opinion...

Comment

7EAE36B5-C51B-4783-8DF3-8839D83C9C03.png 3ED1FAD9-681A-43E7-8778-61DF2AAE85B5.png

That’s a good deal if anyone was looking. I’m still not sure about 50mm objectives and the reticles on the E1’s are a bit funky. I’m trying to slow up on scopes, have two sitting in wait for big game rifles. Still thinking about getting something for the Kid’s .222 but he hasn’t given me much input about what he might like.

Couple pics of the E1 reticle

Comment

I have one on an AR...don't tell anyone I have one (the AR, not the scope. I have a reputation, you know.) The reticle is sort of weird, but then so am I.

When I looked it up on Academy, it shows that price now. So I guess you don't need to wait until the 23rd.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
                7EAE36B5-C51B-4783-8DF3-8839D83C9C03.png 3ED1FAD9-681A-43E7-8778-61DF2AAE85B5.png

That’s a good deal if anyone was looking. I’m still not sure about 50mm objectives and the reticles on the E1’s are a bit funky. I’m trying to slow up on scopes, have two sitting in wait for big game rifles. Still thinking about getting something for the Kid’s .222 but he hasn’t given me much input about what he might like.

Couple pics of the E1 reticle
                I suppose a 50mm objective has it's purposes, but for the most part, you can't just "mount" a 50mm scope! It always requires high mounts or removing rear sights, etc.
                ....and I think a 50mm objective is just out of whack.
                Like putting a cab over camper on a 1/2 ton pickup!

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post

I suppose a 50mm objective has it's purposes, but for the most part, you can't just "mount" a 50mm scope! It always requires high mounts or removing rear sights, etc.
                  ....and I think a 50mm objective is just out of whack.
                  Like putting a cab over camper on a 1/2 ton pickup!
                  Great point and I'm of the same opinion. 40mm is usually my upper limit simply due to mounting issues.

Comment

50mm objective won't fit my rifles without raising cheek weld too high. Some low end scopes use plastic lenses and also some on the web are counterfiet.

Comment

50mm doesnt look as bad when on a 30mm tube.
                      On a 1" scope they look funky IMHO.

Wondering if a Swaro Z3 a worthy upgrade to my VX3i
                      Last edited by CD2; 08-19-2021, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Burris and Amazon, thats a double no go for me.

Was thinking Steiner GS but theyre made in Greeley CO. So in my mind, right or wrong, they're glorified Burris.

So looking at Meopta or Swaro

Comment

Can't help you on that CD2. The VX3i is the best scope I have and I'll probably never spend any more than that. For my needs the VX3i has plenty of clarity and I simply don't need an upgrade. Probably couldn't tell the difference if one of those fancy European scopes was on the rifle instead.

Now, illuminated scopes do strike my fancy. The one I have on the crossbow is excellent for shooting in low light / darkness. Scopes with night vision and range finders also intrigue me.

Comment

Just have a few rigs and want em set up perfect.
                            New firearms dont interest me.

Comment

Originally posted by CD2 View Post
                              Just have a few rigs and want em set up perfect.
                              New firearms dont interest me.
                              I hear ya. I'm not interested enough in new firearms to buy another. Probably giving away or selling several in the next 5 years. I've upgrade optics on a few but not chasing perfection in equipment. Good enough is good enough.

But to each their own. My daily drive is a 2012 Ford Fusion and my hunting vehicle is a 2002 Xterra 4x4. Neither is perfect but both are adequate for the tasks required. Same goes for my hunting equipment.

I have a few friends with expensive glass on their firearms and it seems to bring them pleasure. Go for it. Life is too short so do it if that's what you want.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Odd injury
                                by fitch270
                                Posted on F&S also.

This little button buck has been coming in the back yard this week for apples that fell. The kids had noticed he’s...
                                10-17-2021, 05:12 PM
                              • Blood trailing
                                by fitch270
                                Blood trailing ended up being a thing this weekend, figured I’d throw one more spin off out for the sake of serious discussion.

One of...
                                10-13-2021, 08:42 PM
                              • Gear Takeaways So Far This Year
                                by fitch270
                                I’ve always typically liked to travel light, hate carrying stuff I rarely use. So far this season I’ve twice now had reason to reconsider some basics....
                                10-10-2021, 07:55 PM
                              • Season update
                                by fitch270
                                Less than a week in and it’s been extremely active. Lots of close encounters and lots of buck activity but we haven’t drawn back yet. Strange thing...
                                10-05-2021, 09:20 PM
                              • Rimfire deer?
                                by dewman
                                Ok here's the discussion happening around here. (Missouri) All centerfire pistol calibers are deer legal here. Yes that includes the 380, 25auto. Have...
                                10-04-2021, 02:04 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X