Charger at the range.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charger at the range.

After I sighted it in the wife shot at this target with 3 squirrels on it at 25yd. She was bored so I let her shoot at my p-dogs at 100 yds. Had to put up another bullseye and dial it in. She shot a couple mags (15rd) and took a break. When she started shooting again the breeze had picked up. You can see it pushing bullets over. But she had fun. Stopped in a gunshop on the way home I had not been in before and she bought those 2 BMX 25round mags that attach together so I had to talk to her about watching our 22ammo cache. IMG_2351.JPG IMG_2350.JPG IMG_2345.JPG IMG_2347.JPG

Will also ad the cheap red dot crapped out immediately. Red-blue-green didn't matter couldn't see them in bright sunlight, highest setting , new battery. So I took my Burris ff3 off my pistol and voila, instant success. Get what you pay for. Of course my mk4 target is now open sights but that's fine.(for now). I can see the Charger possibly traveling down the road in the future. Who knows?

Comment

Thanks for the range report. I've had the same result with a cheap red dot mounted on my crossbow. Was excellent in low light but worthless in bright sun.

I bet that was fun and every bit worth burning through some ammo! The tripod looks tall enough to handle those BMX 25's. What load were you using?

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
        Thanks for the range report. I've had the same result with a cheap red dot mounted on my crossbow. Was excellent in low light but worthless in bright sun.

I bet that was fun and every bit worth burning through some ammo! The tripod looks tall enough to handle those BMX 25's. What load were you using?
        Remington thunderbolts(1255fps) 40sp, Winchester m22 (1255fps) 40sp and Winchester bulk 555 (1280fps) 36hp. The Winchester m22 I think might have been marginally better but really it didn't matter.
        Last edited by dewman; 04-01-2021, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dewman View Post

Remington thunderbolts(1255fps) 40sp, Winchester m22 (1255fps) 40sp and Winchester bulk 555 (1280fps) 36hp. The Winchester m22 I think might have been marginally better but really it didn't matter.
          Good rounds for plinking. I'm just curious about accuracy potential. I wonder how well it will do with standard velocity ammo and if the 1040fps stuff would cycle reliably.

Comment

Looks like some good trigger time.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post

Good rounds for plinking. I'm just curious about accuracy potential. I wonder how well it will do with standard velocity ammo and if the 1040fps stuff would cycle reliably.
              Yes, standard velocity (1040) cycles just fine. If I scoped it I know I could shrink groups in half, maybe more, buy the wife doesn't want to lose unlimited eye relief so it will stay with a dot. Thinking Vortex Venom or maybe Leupolds red dot if I can find one.

Comment

Originally posted by Ernie View Post
                Looks like some good trigger time.
                Yes my wife enjoyed it very much, daughter looking forward to shooting it as well. They're not the most patient at shooting. Only willing to work at improving if there is some measurable success at the beginning. If there is frustration then they aren't much on giving something a second chance,

Comment

A few things. Was going to put a Hammers 2x pistol scope on it ($70) wife said she wanted to try one of these firefield reflexes.($40) So we will see. I need to come clean a little about her 100yd shooting using just a Burris ff3. I had removed the bipod & mount, as well as the 15 rd mag(put in a flush fit 10) then strapped it down tight into a immovable pistol rest. After walking them in all she had to do was press the trigger like a button. Didn't need to grip it anywhere. Not exactly "fun" but efficient. She did have fun at the closer distances just at 100yds, not so much. This firefield is model #FF13004. Red/green, 5 brightness settings, 4 reticles. IMG_2371.JPG

Comment

The more I look at this thing, the more enamored I am with it! LOL!
                    It just looks, ...uhhmmm....fun!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget