Is the ammo situation easing up any ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the ammo situation easing up any ?

I got to the range and have enough supply of 22lr, 22mag and .357 I did some shooting with them.
    I have some big caliber ammo in good supply (9 box of .340Weatherby), 40rounds would last me a life time. so might take some of them next time to keep in practice shooting the big magnums.

Walmart here changed policy Friday from 1 box per customer to 3. Still as far as here goes I think it might be too early to tell.

Comment

Not from what I’m seeing around here.

My wife and I did some needed shopping Friday night in an area south of us, then took the kids along to pick up some other things in another city on Saturday. Three different Walmart’s had empty ammo lockers, one DSG and an F&S store were cleaned out of everything common and one gun shop was also picked over hard.

The Mom and Pop place was one I’d never checked out but had heard good things about. There was maybe 8-10 folks buying and 4-5 counter guys, one employee asked if he could help me and was very courteous in answering a few questions. Most answers were along the lines of “we’re expecting......in but aren’t sure when”. It was about 20 minutes until closing time so I got out of the way. Now that I know where it is I’ll keep them in mind, unfortunately it’s about an 1.5hrs away.

Comment

I was wanting to burn a bit today.

Wanted a spotter to try some 9mm on steel out yonder (artillery Luger) and to set sights on a 1911 adj sight .45
        Plus speed drills w the P30L
        ​​​​​​High winds, spitting snow. YGBFKM

Comment

I was digging in garage and found some " extra " LOL

Comment

Originally posted by CD2 View Post
            I was digging in garage and found some " extra " LOL
            Boxes or cases? 😜

Comment

I got enough for a while

Comment

I don’t keep much loaded ammo for hunting rifles. Maybe 2 boxes each. Components are a couple of lifetimes deep. Happy Trails

Comment

Originally posted by WA Mtnhunter View Post
                  I don’t keep much loaded ammo for hunting rifles. Maybe 2 boxes each. Components are a couple of lifetimes deep. Happy Trails
                  Nuttin' wrong with that. I'm about half loads and half supplies. ...thanks to a good amigo and a good fist full of .308 cases.
                  Once I realized I had about 7K .22LR, I quit buying.
                  Enough is enough! LOL! That was about 10 years ago. Still got about 5K.

Comment

I tend to load hunting rounds until I run out of brass. Then may go years before loading for that cartridge again, using the used brass generated from shooting the previous lot.

Comment

When I reloaded i kept maybe 40 rounds on hand at a time. Had proly 3 times that in various stages of tje pipeline.

Not a prarie dog shooter, so no prob with two boxes and when one gets used up, spend a little time on the bench to finish out another box.

Divorced, moved....no bench. New place, still no bench.

My kids shoot once in a while ( adults )...so 9mm and .22 gets burned.

Proly should invest in 20 ga shells if they decide to play around w clays.

Comment

LGS had 9mm off brand brass case stuff today.
                        today. Seeing large rifle primers at 50 to 60 bucks a thousand.

Some folks still trying to gouge though.

Think the 30 a K primers might not return but Id pay 40.

Since I cant find my old WW LRP. Somewhere on the garage I reckon. Will locate after i buy new proly.

Need to reload and see if I can find what my 700 likes. Prev one had a max charge of 4350 w a Nosler 70gr atop. Half incher. Groundhog slayin machine.

.243 puts a hurt on em, but has a little too much HP.
                        Seems about right on the big ones come fall.

Comment

Picked up some cci blazer brass 9mm at box store for 19.99 per 50. Limit was 2 boxes.

My LGS has a non optics ready VP9. Am so tempted.
                          Think thatd be a good one for my kids to learn with

My 9mm is a DA/SA and that might be a bit funky for the middle kid. Shorty ( the one w health issues ) os more mechanical mindset. So a striker 9 might be better overall as a teaching tool.

I dont need one for me though, am content w two.
                          my beater P30L and my DWM.

Comment

Smart move. I have 'specific trip' boxes of ammo sitting around that I never shoot because they have expensive bullets, etc, and I always think I will get around to using them again. Never do. Probably should just shoot those Barnes TSX and A-Frames at the whitetails, but cup and core works just fine. So, the rounds sit and get dusty.

Comment

Ammo situation here is pretty dire. No rifle hunting ammo other than 7mm Mauser and 6.5 Swede last I checked at our Scheels. Other than getting something on the shelves, not sure what those rounds were for...can't imagine a big population of hunters with those chamberings in my burg.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget