Ruger Charger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

You still looking for a air gun? Midway flyer has a benjamin on sale. .22cal
    Found a Gamo whisper fusion I like

Comment

Originally posted by dewman View Post
      Ernie: Well thanks to you my wife and daughters gave it the thumbs up. It will be theirs to shoot but I still get to be the ground crew. For now it is going to wear some cheap red dot they bought at Walmart. Since it wears the same beavertail grip as a AR15 they are looking at a Hogue fingergroove grip in either Aqua (like my Mk4) or pink. No plans for a brace, they want it left in the profile it is. Glad I have 10,5,25,&1 rd mags already lying around. When we get it shot I'll post how it all went. I also have a couple Harris bipods so I can remove the UTG bipod and mount it came with to gain more height if we need to.IMG_2330.JPG
      If it gets more people into shooting sports, male OR female, I'm for it!
      Good show, dewman!

Comment

Originally posted by dewman View Post
        Ernie: Well thanks to you my wife and daughters gave it the thumbs up. It will be theirs to shoot but I still get to be the ground crew. For now it is going to wear some cheap red dot they bought at Walmart. Since it wears the same beavertail grip as a AR15 they are looking at a Hogue fingergroove grip in either Aqua (like my Mk4) or pink. No plans for a brace, they want it left in the profile it is. Glad I have 10,5,25,&1 rd mags already lying around. When we get it shot I'll post how it all went. I also have a couple Harris bipods so I can remove the UTG bipod and mount it came with to gain more height if we need to.IMG_2330.JPG
        Awesome!
        Looking forward to the field report.
        E

Comment

A lot of folks buy the Charger to add a brace, backpacker type of deal or build something different ( legal non sbr type of thing ).

Can go that route if not wanting NFA expense.
          Or just get something kinda old to put a real stock on, like a Navy or Artillery Luger. They no longer on the list, as long as gun is originally set up for one and what attached is type correct ( orig or repro )

Comment

Originally posted by CD2 View Post
            A lot of folks buy the Charger to add a brace, backpacker type of deal or build something different ( legal non sbr type of thing ).

Can go that route if not wanting NFA expense.
            Or just get something kinda old to put a real stock on, like a Navy or Artillery Luger. They no longer on the list, as long as gun is originally set up for one and what attached is type correct ( orig or repro )
            I really find the SBR, AR pistol thing a bit asinine.

"You want a handgun or you want a rifle?"

Adding a "can" to a SBR makes sense. But a pistol in a rifle caliber just doesn't "compute". To me anyway!
            Many of the AR pistols built are either 5.56 or 9mm.
            Oh well!
            To each his own!

Comment

When you go SBR and add a can then its more quiet....and as manueverable as a reg length rifle. Makes darn good sense to me. Suppressors save ears. Hell across the pond its considered rude to not use one. One of the few things they got right.

Dont like em on reg rifles, as it screws up the looks, but on ugly rifles its no big deal.

Tinnitus and misophonia.....not good. Add in the hearing loss. Yeah, if you can, add a can.

Comment

A pistol w a brace gets you kinda sorta close / thing. Plus if you build as pistol first, you can legally convert to rifle and back to pistol without problem ( dont go into NFA territory when converting ).

You build a rifle, it stays a rifle. Only way to go under 16 is SBR.

Yup, AR pistols in rifle cartridges are loud. Bad loud.

But then, I still think a Rem 7600 SBR to handgun form to be cool. And would make a neat rig for deer.
                But our regs state no SBR now, used to allow it in handgun form. Now its no go. So ....
                no custom SBR for Bambi.

Oh well, saved me some money LOL
                Last edited by CD2; 03-27-2021, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Need to age a repro stock for an old DWM. Little too new looking ( the host is not mint but also not beat to Hades considering how old it is ).

Off the NFA list, cool bit of history. I find somebody to spot I might try to clang steel out a ways

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget