Ammo shortage over?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ammo shortage over?

Stopped off at my favorite gun shop this morning. His shelves were full of ammo, powder. Remington, winchester, federal, CCI, Aguilar, all the .22's were there, in multiple styles. Bought a couple Remington golden bullets as I hadn't tried them in awhile. $6.50 box of 100. IMG_2267.JPG

It's not over around here. An online auction ending tonight has the same thing bid to $15. And a plastic pail of 1400 is at $215. Hoarding? Collectible? A 5 gal bucket of corroded range brass, $55. Located SE SD.

Comment

Over?
      I don't figure it'll ever end.
      Even if the admin flips solid conservative in '24, the (d)'s will have everything so fouled up, I don't think it will ever straighten out.

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
        Over?
        I don't figure it'll ever end.
        Even if the admin flips solid conservative in '24, the (d)'s will have everything so fouled up, I don't think it will ever straighten out.
        Why am I starting to see some ammo jn pretty much every gun/sporting good store I walk in?

Comment

You had a pretty good supply long after it started drying up elsewhere as well. Maybe production is picking up and your region is easy to distribute to.

Comment

I bought one of those 100 packs of Rem GB last fall on a whim to use in my S&W pistol. I ended up with some leftover rounds that I used to dial in the new scope on my CZ since I was getting low on the Agulia stuff I'd been shooting matches with. I wasn't impressed with the groups it made. YMMV.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
              I bought one of those 100 packs of Rem GB last fall on a whim to use in my S&W pistol. I ended up with some leftover rounds that I used to dial in the new scope on my CZ since I was getting low on the Agulia stuff I'd been shooting matches with. I wasn't impressed with the groups it made. YMMV.
              YMMV?? Not familiar with that one. Bought a black vented Pachmayr field pad for my Win 7-08. Will probably put it on this weekend. Stay safe

Comment

fitch270, I've used Rem "Golden" as a primary .22LR ammo for quite a while now.
                I don't do any target shooting, but Rem "Golden" has been the most consistent and reliable I've used.
                Oh well, guess they ain't fer everybody.

Comment

YMMV; Your Milage May Vary, my experience might not lineup with that of others. Ammo / Rifle combinations can be fickle that way as we all know and FB just alluded to. They might work just fine in one of my other rifles.

Similarly, I’m glad you’re going with a black recoil pad, I never understood the attraction with red ones. To me they distract attention from the lines of the rifle.

Comment

FB, if it came down to shooting Goldens or nothing I’d have a bucket or two.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
                      FB, if it came down to shooting Goldens or nothing I’d have a bucket or two.
                      If I spent time shooting targets for points, I might change my tune! LOL!

Comment

My daughter and I took a ride this morning to a LGS just to get out of the house. One of the club's board members works there part time, his boss is a younger guy that's started shooting pistols with the team. I haven't dealt with the owner much but he seems to be a good guy. It's a small shop, in the 1/2 hour or so we were there 3 guns went over the counter, 2 out the door and one in on consignment. Selection is a mix of older run of the mill stuff and home defense type shotguns. Some hand guns under the glass but we stayed back away from the counter out of the way. Several signs in the place saying "One Box of Ammo per Person". Shelves weren't empty but not exactly overflowing with selection either. No .22lr that i saw. The owner wasn't around but the club guy was working, I ended up leaving some odds and ends I've been sitting on and told him to find a home for them. He said he's been doing the same lately.

Comment

Fitch270: So I gotta ask, odds and ends? Was just in Walmart here. Winchester 100rd packs of .22(red plastic box). $7.60. I ain't doing it. Had Winchester deer season xp in 270,30/06, 7R & 300 W mag, 300wsm and 308. No 243 or 223.

Comment

A full box, plus some assorted .410 shells, 44rds of .22mag, some good shotgun hulls, a magazine for an unknown Walther handgun, some brass I don't have a rifle for, etc.

My dad does cleanouts for people on occasion and used to have a perpetual garage sale. He has a bit of flea market mentality about him. Age and Covid concerns slowed that down this past year. Every now and then he'll give me odd stuff he thinks I might be able to use somehow, especially if it's something he's not sure he wants to sell to strangers.

The club guy was busy so he set the bag in an office and said he'd look through the stuff after he closed up, I'm hoping he can spread it around to folks who can use it. I suppose they could sell the box of .410, there was none on the shelf, but it would be nice if they'd throw it in with a .410 shotgun purchase. I was trying to be discrete about it with people there so didn't get to say much. Figured I did what I could and leave it up to him.

Comment

"... a magazine for an unknown Walther handgun ..."

About 10 years ago, I was set up at a gun show.
                              When I was packing to leave Sunday, I came across an unidentified pistol mag laying on my table.
                              It wasn't mine.
                              Best I figure somebody laid it on my table to look at something on my table and walked off without it.
                              I carried that thing to 4 or 5 shows after that. Nobody ever claimed it!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Ammo/guns: the other side of the coin
                                by dewman
                                All of you know my latest 7mm-08. Well, I had a fella today at the little gun store I loiter at offer me $1,000 for it and the scope. Offered $40 a box...
                                03-02-2021, 09:36 PM
                              • Ammunition vs. components.
                                by Red Angus
                                Throughout the course of my daily duties, questions occasionally form in my mind as I contemplate various matters and this question seemed to be a likely...
                                03-02-2021, 11:03 AM
                              • Deer population
                                by Red Angus
                                Over evening last weekend, Feb. 20-21, my wife and I counted 55 deer in the 2-1/2 miles before we got home. Groups ranged in size from 5 to 25. Such numbers...
                                03-01-2021, 05:53 PM
                              • Nice find poochie!
                                by FirstBubba
                                The kid's pup headed to the backyard after breakfast.
                                THIS is what she found.

No longer viable due to traumatic head injuri...
                                02-28-2021, 11:32 AM
                              • 6.8 Western
                                by jhjimbo
                                Really ? I just took a quick glance at the 6.8 and on paper it sure looks like my Remington 7mmMag. Not a whiskers difference. I have heard some complain...
                                02-24-2021, 07:37 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X