Dads gun #2 Browning auto5 20ga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dads gun #2 Browning auto5 20ga

Last time it was shot was a pheasant hunt in Colorado in '84. I'll have to remedy that. This gun is feather light. Wish the choke was ic or mod. It's a true full. Nice and even, but tight full nonetheless. IMG_1898.JPG
    Attached Files

That's a nice one too! You can train for that full choke. That's what my Dad's 16 gauge had when I was a teen. I got pretty good at dropping wild quail with it.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
      That's a nice one too! You can train for that full choke. That's what my Dad's 16 gauge had when I was a teen. I got pretty good at dropping wild quail with it.
      Was there much left to eat? But thank you for the compliments on both of my dads guns. That flap holster is cool ain't it. Wonder if someone makes one for Ruger mk pistols?

Comment

Originally posted by dewman View Post
        Was there much left to eat? But thank you for the compliments on both of my dads guns. That flap holster is cool ain't it. Wonder if someone makes one for Ruger mk pistols?
        I've never seen one. But, a quick web search and I found someone who can provide a flap holster for the MK's. It would be a custom made piece. $80 plus shipping.
        http://www.timelyaccessories.com/Flap.html

Oh, and the quail and squirrels had plenty of pellets in them after being hit! I was probably using dove loads on the quail, #6's on the squirrels.
        Last edited by PigHunter; 09-22-2020, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post

I've never seen one. But, a quick web search and I found someone who can provide a flap holster for the MK's. It would be a custom made piece. $80 plus shipping.
          http://www.timelyaccessories.com/Flap.html
          Will check them out now. Thanks PH.

Comment

Originally posted by dewman View Post

Will check them out now. Thanks PH.
            My pleasure. Let me know if you order one from them or get a flap holster from someone else. My MK III was a little awkward in the cheap holster I used a couple of weeks ago. The barrel with suppressor installed stuck far enough through the open bottom that I was concerned about knocking it around too much on the canoe's gunwale. I ended up removing the suppressor and storing it in a dry bag while under way, then screwing it back on once again on land.

Comment

I've always wanted an old Browning A5, and the non-12 gauge is a bonus, IMO. Looks extremely well cared for too.

Comment

Originally posted by Amflyer View Post
                I've always wanted an old Browning A5, and the non-12 gauge is a bonus, IMO. Looks extremely well cared for too.
                Thank you. It was. When I left Colorado dads bird hunting switched to goose. His 20 was put up for his 3" twelve, also an A-5.

Comment

Pretty cool Dewman, both guns that is. This one would be a dandy on turkeys as well. Be interesting to see how it patterned some Heavyshot 7's.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
                    Pretty cool Dewman, both guns that is. This one would be a dandy on turkeys as well. Be interesting to see how it patterned some Heavyshot 7's.
                    Can you get 20ga heavyshot in 2-3/4"?

Comment

Looks like it's been discontinued.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1002112922

Might still be some floating around out there. They did make 2 3/4 pheasant loads as well, not sure if they've been discontinued also or if it's a seasonal thing.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 6.5-284 Borden/Alpine clone XP works great in the field - 588 yards
                        by Ernie
                        Dan Ekstrom and I have been looking for a shooter mule deer buck on public land.

For this area, Tuesday was the last day.

Yesterday, 10:06 AM
                      • Outdoor Life archives
                        by Scott123
                        Has anyone missed reading Outdoor Life cover to cover archives? I get the run around on the phone about it may come back. Anyone else read it besides...
                        10-23-2020, 11:23 PM
                      • Blade Stain
                        by jhjimbo
                        Anybody have tips for getting stains off knife blades. I have a nice, K-Bar I would like to clean up and a 3" Western. All different kinds of stains,...
                        10-23-2020, 11:40 AM
                      • Home Defense
                        by jhjimbo
                        If you are using your bird gun for double duty of house defense remember to remove the plug. Might as well have full magazine capacity. Also, I have...
                        10-20-2020, 02:15 PM
                      • Pay it forward
                        by fitch270
                        I'm not sure how much interest this will generate but I figured I'd give it a shot and see how it goes. As a way of saying thanks for the help and entertainment...
                        10-18-2020, 01:34 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X