Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 7mm-08 gets a gift courtesy of the 6.5 Creedmoor.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 7mm-08 gets a gift courtesy of the 6.5 Creedmoor.

my last remaining compadre who shoots a 7mm-08 gave in and traded his off on a 6.5 Creedmoor. Since the dealer doesn't do any trades or barters of ammo he offered me 2 boxes plus 4 loose for $20. I see they are 120 gr. ballistic tips and seeing how I have only ever used 140's ( Federal Fusion and before that partitions) I'm a little unsure about deer hunting with these, especially under 50 yds. I'm down to 8 of the fusions so I will either have to buy more or shoot these. My internet research shows people all over the place on the 120's capability, think maybe they've thickened the jacket in the last few years.
    Any experience, thoughts,comments, or advice accepted with a thank you for taking the time to type. IMG_1487.JPG
    Last edited by dewman; 06-01-2019, 07:01 AM.

I've had mixed results with B-tips. But that was with the 1990's vintage design. I still have over 400 rounds of 180 grain .30-06 in clips for the Garand. Close up, the bullet rapidly expands and has a tendency to shed the jacket. One shoulder shot pig kept running, never to be found.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
      I've had mixed results with B-tips. But that was with the 1990's vintage design. I still have over 400 rounds of 180 grain .30-06 in clips for the Garand. Close up, the bullet rapidly expands and has a tendency to shed the jacket. One shoulder shot pig kept running, never to be found.
      I couldn't have 400 anything loaded and ready, I'd have to find something to shoot at. These would be for deer only, I wouldn't think of trying to whack a hog with these.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget