Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pair of Ruger 10/22's. Swap stocks or sights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dewman
    replied
    You guys are right of course. I should know better than to paint with a broad brush. Poor choice of comment on my part. Apologies.

Leave a comment:

• PigHunter
    replied
    Red Angus, if you were my son, grandson, nephew, or close family friend, I probably would have already given you a rifle.

There's always hope, I was 30 before taking much interest in deer hunting.

Leave a comment:

• Red Angus
    replied
    Originally posted by PigHunter View Post

I'm about in agreement with you. I've given several firearms to the younger generations and so far, only the self defense handguns seem to be appreciated.
    This 23 year old would appreciate anything you sent this way. 😉

​​​​​​Unfortunately, most of my generation does not value the tools and activities many of us hold dear.

Leave a comment:

• PigHunter
    replied
    Originally posted by dewman View Post
    Beginning to think the whole generation from 25 yrs on down is that way,
    I'm about in agreement with you. I've given several firearms to the younger generations and so far, only the self defense handguns seem to be appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• dewman
    replied
    Well, looks are a subjective thing and only you can decide on that. But here's what I'd probably do.

1) Use the 2x7 on the stainless
    2) Sell or give away the blued version with it's factory wood stock.
    3) Buy a Boyd's stock for the stainless.

https://www.boydsgunstocks.com/product-configurator
    I've thought about a Boyds myself-great stocks with very good prices. I want to keep the other one as a spare because as you probably know yourself there is always someone who doesn't want to buy a gun because someone will have one they can use, and of course not have to clean. I have a double handful of guys like that. Beginning to think the whole generation from 25 yrs on down is that way,

Leave a comment:

• PigHunter
    replied
    Well, looks are a subjective thing and only you can decide on that. But here's what I'd probably do.

1) Use the 2x7 on the stainless
    2) Sell or give away the blued version with it's factory wood stock.
    3) Buy a Boyd's stock for the stainless.

https://www.boydsgunstocks.com/product-configurator

Leave a comment:

• dewman
    replied
    Dewman, what did you decide to do?
    I've tried both and still can't make up my mind. Accuracy is dead even. Whichever I put the scope on is of course more accurate than the red dot. The stainless barrel with black furniture and wood reminds me of a calico cat. I took a picture with the stock swap and I'll post them but that's not how they are now. Whichever IMG_1455.JPG gets wood will not have a way to sling it without buying swivels. I can't believe how annoying this is.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• PigHunter
    replied
    Dewman, what did you decide to do?

Leave a comment:

• PigHunter
    replied
    Have you weighed them? Ruger's spec sheets show them to be the same 5 lbs. (Without scopes)

In my opinion, the decision should be made based on accuracy. Put the higher magnification on the more accurate rifle. The slightly heavier scope may also help with holding steady in the field.

If the two rifles are roughly the same in accuracy, then go with what pleases you on how they look and feel.

.22lr ammo is low cost and resighting scopes shouldn't be the issue.

Leave a comment:

• Red Angus
    replied
    I really do not like trying to make these kind of decisions.
    However, synthetic and stainless go well together as do wood and blued steel. IMHO a sight swap is in order.

Leave a comment:

• dewman
    started a topic Pair of Ruger 10/22's. Swap stocks or sights?

Pair of Ruger 10/22's. Swap stocks or sights?

I have a pair of Ruger 10/22s. A stainless with synthetic stock wearing a Nikon 2x7 in leupold rifleman rings and a blue/wood with a bushnell tr-25 red dot. Both sighted in. So, I have the heaviest stock with the lightest sight system and vice versa. Wanting the wood stock with the scope and the synthetic stock with the red dot. Do I swap sights and resight or do I swap stocks? How would you set them up leaving the 200,000 aftermarket parts out of it? (big Tandemkross fan so it won't be easy)

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X