Do You Have Your EDC ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do You Have Your EDC ?

Do you carry your EDC when you do your Christmas shopping in stores or malls ?

Why not?

I'm assuming you're referring to your everyday carry knife. Lately, mine is a Case Sodbuster.

Comment

Aren't you leaping to the conclusion that I go Christmas shopping?

However, I do carry my Buck Spitfire everywhere I go.
      Along with a Fenix UC30, earplugs, ballpoint pen, change, wallet, pliers, keys, pistol, and a couple spare mags for whatever pistol I'm carrying.

Comment

By definition... yes.
        Otherwise it's not your EDC.

Besides, if that's not one of the times, say approaching your car in a parking lot with valuables on you, that you're most likely to have a problem.. what else are you doing that you're more likely?

Comment

I carry my flip phone in left pants pocket, small credit/debit/other card wallet in right pants pocket, and comb in back right pants pocket (for old time's sake). Nothing else. Rarely even carry cash. I hate bulgy stuff in my pants ... unless in the appropriate location. When the day comes I feel the need to be armed to go Christmas shopping, I'll give up hope on Christmas and humanity and go bird hunting with my dogs over the holidays instead. Fortunately, I don't see armed shopping in the cards for Canada at least through to the next century. Might require building a Wall though.

Comment

Originally posted by Ontario Honker Hunter View Post
            I carry my flip phone in left pants pocket, small credit/debit/other card wallet in right pants pocket, and comb in back right pants pocket (for old time's sake). Nothing else. Rarely even carry cash. I hate bulgy stuff in my pants ... unless in the appropriate location. When the day comes I feel the need to be armed to go Christmas shopping, I'll give up hope on Christmas and humanity and go bird hunting with my dogs over the holidays instead. Fortunately, I don't see armed shopping in the cards for Canada at least through to the next century. Might require building a Wall though.
            I was waiting for you, Honk.
            May you always skip through life in blissful disregard and it never harm you or anyone you love. Truly, I hope it's the case.

Yet the violent crime statistic for Canada in 2016 was 1051 per hundred thousand. Mulitply that by the 36.3 million and 381 thousand Candadites? Canders? Canburgers? were victims of violent crime last year. Take your 1% chance annually and live 75 years and you're about due.. more so since as we age we look more like victims.
            It isn't spoiling for a fight, it's opting to tip the odds in your favor when it happens. Cause yes, my kids deserve for me to win and come home.

Interestingly, I pulled up the US's violent crime stats for the same year and it's 386 offenses per 100,000 making Canada frankly barbaric by comparison.
            Of course, it could be that half of those reported were thought crimes or misgendering someone, which is now an offense in the attic.

I admittedly don't know the differences in reporting.

Comment

I don't go Christmas shopping. I don't give a shit about that little kid with the crutch, either.

Comment

We had a well publicized mall shooting on Thanksgiving night. A police officer shot an armed bystander, apparently mistaking him for the shooter. Pighuntress and I regularly shop at that mall and were there Saturday. There was a heavy police presence and I just left my handgun in the car. Several times, police officers openly looked me over as they patrolled. I guess they may have been looking for signs that I was armed.

Comment

Since it's EDC, I carry it ED.
                  If I only carried it every now and then, it would be "ENATC"?
                  Going to church, grocery store, gas station, parts store, lumber yard, convenience store, Texas or nowhere at all, I carry.
                  ...and yes, even CHRISTmas shopping!

Comment

Perhaps Canada is more liberal about its definition of violent crime? "Comparing crime rates between countries is difficult due to the differences in jurisprudence, reporting and crime classifications." For the more serious violent crimes which probably have about the same definition in both countries, USA blows away Canada in every category: homocides per 100,00 = Canada 1.6 vs US 4.5; robbery = 79.4 Canada vs 102.2 USA; sexual assault = 62.9 Canada vs 110 US. Though Canada stats cited are for 2012 and USA for 2014, I doubt the comparative crime rates for both countries changed that much in 2016.

Comment

Fair. I suspect a lot of it is population density.
                      Take gang crime of 16 to 22 year old year old urban youths out of it and we are doing ok.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• The college student puzzle..
                        by 99explorer
                        A student rides his scooter to the train station to go to college. His home in between two train stations.
                        The first station is a mile from home,...
                        Yesterday, 01:58 PM
                      • Pieces of gold.
                        by 99explorer
                        Which is worth more, a pound of $10 gold pieces, or half a pound of $20 gold pieces?
                        08-23-2019, 06:45 PM
                      • Mansion on fire.
                        by 99explorer
                        One of Jeffrey Epstein's mansions is on fire.
                        It has three main rooms. One is full of money in cash, another contains valuable paintings, and the...
                        08-23-2019, 10:04 AM
                      • Firing squad.
                        by 99explorer
                        A man is shot by 12 members of a firing squad, and the squad officer administers the coup de grace with a bullet to the head.
                        This final shot does...
                        08-22-2019, 09:07 PM
                      • Lost in the woods.
                        by 99explorer
                        You are lost in the woods and come to a fork in the road.
                        One path leads to civilization and the other will get you lost forever.
                        Two Indians...
                        08-22-2019, 01:24 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X