Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What President carried his own hand gun ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What President carried his own hand gun ?

What was it ?

Clarification: Trump has a hand gun but I don't believe he carries it.

Reagan carried a piece with him. I remember a story something along the lines of him telling a secret service agent he carried it with him just in case he needed to give them a hand.

Comment

IKE carried a Colt 380 in his wast band holster all the time and his wife Mamie carried a 32 Colt Or a 25 Colt in her Hand Bag.

Comment

Donny Trump in a Queens Boy Tuff Guy....My Man:-)) Hes got People What Carry's Guns.

Comment

I think the .380 Ike carried was the one he was presented with when he was promoted to General officer.

Comment

I don’t know who he was, but if he was the only one to do so, he must have been a lot smarter than the rest of them who didn’t !

Comment

Originally posted by crm3006 View Post
              I think the .380 Ike carried was the one he was presented with when he was promoted to General officer.
              It could be the same but i think the original Colt 32 is in the West Point Museum. He later was given a Colt in 380 by the head of the Secret Service.

Comment

All the Over Seas Generals Of WW II were issued all Colts in 32acp by the OSS, some got Colt 380 who were in the Southern Pacific Theater, and some were Issued but never carried left in a draw in Washington DC.

Comment

And the FBI at that time carried a S&W mod 10 38 or S&W mod 12 38/357 Agents with Over Seas Duty some Carried GI 45s or mod 12/357

Comment

When did the issue for General Officer promotion go from .32 ACP to .380 ACP? I thought it was sometime during WWII when Colt ran short of .32s and had to substitute .380s, neither caliber being produced at that time, due to war production demands. Also, a lot of General officer promotions.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshott00 View Post
                      Reagan carried a piece with him. I remember a story something along the lines of him telling a secret service agent he carried it with him just in case he needed to give them a hand.
                      Correct, the answer I found was he carried a .38spl. No other Presidents were mentioned. He carried his own and still managed to get shot.

Comment

The Colt 32Acp was the Spy killer Gun from the OSS, their were a large amount of colts in 32 Acp and a small amount of colts in 380 Acp when most of the 32s were given out, the only Caliber left was the 380 that how i read it.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget