Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you, or did you ever, shoot competitively?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you, or did you ever, shoot competitively?

New York State high-school leagues are alive and well. Over 70 upstate schools participate. Probably has some of our gun-hating politicians foaming at the mouth.
    http://nyclaytarget.com/

.22 indoor pistol in College

Comment

Double post deleted

Comment

1st Alternate 95th. Div. GOCOM Rifle Team

Comment

Qualified rifle expert in the Marines, kind of a competition.....

Comment

Won my class in 2007 Iowa State Sporting Clays shoot. First event I ever entered, been all downhill since ?
            Where you several months ago when Bubba was all up in arms about a law the New York legislature was trying to pass to take shooting in high school away ? That was on the F & S site though.....

Comment

NRA Pistol Expert with 1970 Colt Combat Commander 38 Super. Bowling Pins Competition at Suffolk County Skeet & Trap Field. 1975-6.

Comment

Since I am not a gun person in the sense of hunting, maybe I do not qualify to give an answer, but since the question pertains to competition shooting.........! I have entered several archery tournaments, both locally and nationally. The national events were in White Plains, N.Y and Ludington, Michigan.

Comment

Originally posted by Springerman3_2 View Post
                  Qualified rifle expert in the Marines, kind of a competition.....
                  When we got the M-16 in '67 if we hit a target about 3' square, 20 times we were expert. I suppose the Marines had a much smaller target. BTW, the M-1 carbine out shot the M-16 by a mile.

Comment

Won my class in 2007 Iowa State Sporting Clays shoot. First event I ever entered, been all downhill since ?
                    Where you several months ago when Bubba was all up in arms about a law the New York legislature was trying to pass to take shooting in high school away ? That was on the F & S site though.....
                    I feel like I saw Bubba's post and posted a reply. Funny, I had a sense of deja vu when I posted this, so maybe that was it. Or maybe I'd posted this question before, or one like it -- I've realized that I do that from time to time, unintentionally. Early senility, I guess.

Comment

Living the dream I see or in a dream world ?

Comment

Originally posted by Treestand View Post
                        NRA Pistol Expert with 1970 Colt Combat Commander 38 Super. Bowling Pins Competition at Suffolk County Skeet & Trap Field. 1975-6.
                        IF you can shoot a Colt Combat Commander Expert, you are a good shot.

Comment

Qualified pistol and rifle expert 1 time with the pistol only chance to go. 4 times with the rifles. Course of fire for the Marines while I was in with a M-16A2 service rifle. No optics open sights. 200 meters 10 rounds standing,10 kneeling,10 sitting. Back to 300 meters. 10 rounds kneeling. Back to 500 meters. 10 rounds prone. 12 inch bullseye at 200 and 300 man size target at 500. There’s also a ten round rapid fire in there I can’t remember if it’s at 200 or 300 meters. I used to be a good shot. Sometimes I wonder if I don’t need to build myself an AR to those specs and practice with it. We always had a side wager on range scores when we went.

Comment

Once upon a time, I was offered a full ride at Michigan Tech it was split between academics and competition shooting. SBRifle, and Pistol, they had an Indoor Range.
                            I like it but I don't think could go much further. It's too expensive to shoot competitively for long without sponsors or patrons.

Comment

Originally posted by Milldawg View Post
                              Qualified pistol and rifle expert 1 time with the pistol only chance to go. 4 times with the rifles. Course of fire for the Marines while I was in with a M-16A2 service rifle. No optics open sights. 200 meters 10 rounds standing,10 kneeling,10 sitting. Back to 300 meters. 10 rounds kneeling. Back to 500 meters. 10 rounds prone. 12 inch bullseye at 200 and 300 man size target at 500. There’s also a ten round rapid fire in there I can’t remember if it’s at 200 or 300 meters. I used to be a good shot. Sometimes I wonder if I don’t need to build myself an AR to those specs and practice with it. We always had a side wager on range scores when we went.
                              Army BCT rapid fire course was 20 rounds at varying ranges from 50-500 meters, with M14s. This was at pop-up targets that were from head sized to full silhouette. You had to identify and engage your target in a limited time, don't recall how much, but it was longer at greater distances. This was in 1969.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget