Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good Morning Everybody. What is your favorite television shootout with guns?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Morning Everybody. What is your favorite television shootout with guns?

Including movies of westerns, police, military battles, drug cartel, mafia or anything else.

In the movie, "The Untouchables" I like the way Andy Garcia takes out the goblin holding the Mafia accountant in the staircase, on order from Kevin Costner.
    "You got him?"
    "Yeah."
    "Take him."
    Bang.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
      In the movie, "The Untouchables" I like the way Andy Garcia takes out the goblin holding the Mafia accountant in the staircase, on order from Kevin Costner.
      "You got him?"
      "Yeah."
      "Take him."
      Bang.
      99, That is a good one. ?

I liked the shoot out at the night club with Tom Cruise playing a hired KGB hitman Vincent.
      His target hit is sitting at the table with body guards all around him.
      The Feds and a detective are arriving there at the same time.
      The guy Felix who hired Vincent send his boys there to shoot Vincent if anything goes wrong.
      Jamie Foxx is a innocent cab driver for Vincent but the Feds and Felix men think the cab driver is the hitman.

Turn the volume and watch the seven minute shootout.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=d9_n6wwkIHM

Comment

In- "Geronimo, an American Legend", where the Apache warrior challenges the cavalry patrol, and the Lieutenant rides out to meet him. The warrior charges, and the Lieutenant seeks cover behind his horse, which he has made to lay down. After being missed by several shots from the Apache, the Lieutenant takes a rest across his saddle and fires one rifle shot, dropping the warrior. He then straddles his horse, and the horse rises with him mounted. One of the more realistic gunfights I have ever seen in the movies, and a damned well trained horse, too.

Comment

"You got him?"
          "Yeah."
          "Take him."
          Bang.
          Gary - I remember that. Very good.
          The shooting in the alley scene was great, esp. the final shot.
          It made me laugh.

Comment

Love the untouchables, "The Italian Family hour" (Cops & Waps)-(Genie Gun Smoke)

Comment

Com 3006 , coincidentally one of my favorites also includes shooting behind a fallen horse.Lonesome Dove, Gus elevates his fire at a dancing , antagonistic, challenging him to attempt to shoot at a distance he feels safe. The Commanches are stunned when Ol Gus drops a round in his belly after a delay seen following the smoke from his barrel .

Comment

Originally posted by 6phunter View Post
                Com 3006 , coincidentally one of my favorites also includes shooting behind a fallen horse.Lonesome Dove, Gus elevates his fire at a dancing , antagonistic, challenging him to attempt to shoot at a distance he feels safe. The Commanches are stunned when Ol Gus drops a round in his belly after a delay seen following the smoke from his barrel .
                Agreed 6p ! I still chuckle whenever I see that in the several times I have watched Lonesome Dove, one of the best Westerns ever produced ! And the look of satisfaction on Gus’s face afterwards, says it all !

Comment

"You got him?"
                  "Yeah."
                  "Take him."
                  Bang.
                  “It made me laugh”. I do not know if death is something to laugh about 99, but in some applications it is certainly hard not to, that is an agreeable point.

Comment

The shootout at the end of Open Range is pretty darn good. Costner starting it by just walking up to the grinning thug and putting one in his forehead, then Duvall with the shotgun blast through the wall, and then Costner nailing the guy over the girl's shoulder.

I like the scene in Lonesome Dove that 6Phunter mentioned, too, and also the scene where Gus rides into the Kiowa-renegade camp and puts them all down, one bullet apiece.

I like Barry Pepper's sniper scenes in Saving Private Ryan, too.

Comment

"You got him?"
                      "Yeah."
                      "Take him."
                      Bang.
                      I know what you mean, Richard. Whenever I mention how much I enjoyed Private Ryan or Band of Brothers, I wonder if it's appropriate, since according to the veterans, those films are very close depictions of how it really happened. But then, even right after wartime, war movies were a dime a dozen, pretty much.

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
                        The shootout at the end of Open Range is pretty darn good. Costner starting it by just walking up to the grinning thug and putting one in his forehead, then Duvall with the shotgun blast through the wall, and then Costner nailing the guy over the girl's shoulder.

I like the scene in Lonesome Dove that 6Phunter mentioned, too, and also the scene where Gus rides into the Kiowa-renegade camp and puts them all down, one bullet apiece.

After Gus rode his horse in that Indian camp, Arkansas Sheriff July Johnson said "you shot everyone" in amazement. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by 6phunter View Post
                          Another long shot, was Joe Kidd pulling a rifle from the box and shooting that sharp shooter kneeling out on the large rock in pain view. I loved the sharp shooter face when he looked down toward the hole in his chest in disbelief.

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post

Yes, July was a heck of a good guy, but not very capable out on the plains. I don't know if you read the book or not, but in that, there's actually quite a bit more about his time working for Clara Allen. He became a lot more competent and confident (even asked Clara to marry him!).

Comment

My all time favorite is the final three-way shootout in The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Pieces of gold.
                                by 99explorer
                                Which is worth more, a pound of $10 gold pieces, or half a pound of $20 gold pieces?
                                Yesterday, 06:45 PM
                              • Mansion on fire.
                                by 99explorer
                                One of Jeffrey Epstein's mansions is on fire.
                                It has three main rooms. One is full of money in cash, another contains valuable paintings, and the...
                                Yesterday, 10:04 AM
                              • Firing squad.
                                by 99explorer
                                A man is shot by 12 members of a firing squad, and the squad officer administers the coup de grace with a bullet to the head.
                                This final shot does...
                                08-22-2019, 09:07 PM
                              • Lost in the woods.
                                by 99explorer
                                You are lost in the woods and come to a fork in the road.
                                One path leads to civilization and the other will get you lost forever.
                                Two Indians...
                                08-22-2019, 01:24 PM
                              • Books on a shelf.
                                by 99explorer
                                There are several books on a bookshelf.
                                If one book is fourth from the left and sixth from the right, how many books are on the shelf?
                                08-21-2019, 02:19 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X