Remington Redemption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remington Redemption

As some of you know Howard has been posting video on YouTube about problems he was having with the Generation 2 Remington R-51 (I have not had problems with mine after 100 rds). Howard is a member of our gun club and a Police Chief of a local City - he is a x-sniper and it shows with his shooting the R-51.

Anyway, he could not get the R-51 to fire from 7+1, it would fire fine from full 7 rds. magazine. It always seemed to be the magazine - the pistol functioned fine. After he had tried a couple things himself he sent it to Remington and in 2 weeks received it back. The video is the test at the range giving the R-51 it's redemption. I know, it should not have happened in the first place, but Remington is not the only manufacturer that had to 'tweak' a firearm. I remember the POS M-16 in 1967.
    The video is at the range shooting every kind of ammo he could find, including some LE +P+.
    Hope this does not give Tree Agada. (he does not care for Remington)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1spyYnDKjE

Comment

Jimbo, thanks for sharing the YouTube link. I watched several of Howard's videos. He's a very clear and articulate speaker and organizes the information in a way that's rare these days.

It was interesting to note his experience with Remington in solving the R-51's feeding problem. Keep us informed about the functionality of your R-51 as you shoot it more. It sounds like you've barely broke it in.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
        Jimbo, thanks for sharing the YouTube link. I watched several of Howard's videos. He's a very clear and articulate speaker and organizes the information in a way that's rare these days.

It was interesting to note his experience with Remington in solving the R-51's feeding problem. Keep us informed about the functionality of your R-51 as you shoot it more. It sounds like you've barely broke it in.
        I like his presentations as well. Did you notice how little muzzle flip there is ?
        Also, when he fired the LE +P+ ammo he had (duty ammo) did you notice there was little to no muzzle flash - special loading for night shooting, sale probably restricted to LE only.
        I was at the range last week and ran 5 mags through my R-51 and no problems. Ran into Howard on the 300yd range and he said the R-51 is quickly becoming one of his favorite pistols.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
          Anyway, he could not get the R-51 to fire from 7+1, it would fire fine from full 7 rds. magazine. It always seemed to be the magazine - the pistol functioned fine. After he had tried a couple things himself he sent it to Remington and in 2 weeks received it back. The video is the test at the range giving the R-51 it's redemption. I know, it should not have happened in the first place, but Remington is not the only manufacturer that had to 'tweak' a firearm. I remember the POS M-16 in 1967.
          The video is at the range shooting every kind of ammo he could find, including some LE +P+.
          Not to worry jimbo ,I will never recommend a Remington R-51 to anyone, not even my worsts friend. When U start out with JUNK you get JUNK;-))

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post

Thanks for the update. Didn't notice that about the muzzle flip

Comment

Remington was always #2 in the firearms business, behind Winchester. If & When Remington made something very good, they "cheapen it" to sell more of what ever?? to beat Winchester in sales, It's hard to beat GOOD!!

Comment

Originally posted by Treestand View Post
                Remington was always #2 in the firearms business, behind Winchester. If & When Remington made something very good, they "cheapen it" to sell more of what ever?? to beat Winchester in sales, It's hard to beat GOOD!!
                Winchester went out of business .

Comment

Now you are talking about something you don't know anything about .

Comment

And So did Remington.

Comment

I don't think so. Remingtons are American made, Winchester are probably made in Japan.

Comment

Well, well, well, Ford just announced it is recalling 2 million F-150's because they can catch fire. What about them apples ?? A major Corporation has massive recalls of their product - what do you know about that. Remington is not the only Company that has had a recall.

Comment

Go to Google 'firearm recall' and you will see every manufacturer foreign and domestic has, from time to time, had recalls. Some minor and some serious that have resulted in injury and death. It is not right to dump on any one manufacturer as being irresponsible. Probably the more firearms / models a manufacturer produces, the more potential recalls they might have. Ruger has a huge recall on some of their revolvers to install a transfer bar for safety. I like the sound of 4 clicks when I pulll back the hammer so I have not done that to mine however,I do carry it on an empty cylinder.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget