Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Care to venture a Guns & Ammo Prediction? What do you think will be the next big thing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Care to venture a Guns & Ammo Prediction? What do you think will be the next big thing?

I predict that the 6.5CM has reached peak popularity, and barring use by a major military power will start to decline and level out in the pantheon of American cartridges.

I base this on the length of trend time and guns / ammo designers length of product lifecycle. I think as cartridges like the 6CM and the 6.5PRC start gaining popularity it will become en vogue to snub your nose at the 6.5CM as a "basic" cartridge. Snobs and perfectionists will start to fanboy newer things to make themselves or their choices feel special. Benchrest shooting will become saturated for the time and some new fad will take its place.

Comment

For many years, new cartridges were put down as ballistic twins of existing cartridges.
      We are now in the era of ballistic triplets and ballistic quadruplets.

Comment

I'm in thought if it ain't broke don't fix it. 30.06.

Comment

I would like to see the ammo manufacturers show us a relative trend graph for the top 30 cartridges (minus actual sales numbers) to get an idea which is going to succeed and which will die.

Comment

Here are the top selling cartridges as of 2015:
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
              99, I would of guess the 22L was the top seller. Remember, the stampede on them and everybody was stole out of 22L?
              Nice list.
              Plus ones for you and Buckshot. ?

Comment

Originally posted by rockhound View Post
                I'm in thought if it ain't broke don't fix it. 30.06.
                Amen!

Comment

The Snobs & Flat land shooters say The 6.5 CM is darn near the most perfect cartridge(2017-18)

They said the same thing about the 257 Roberts back in(1948-49)

And the 250-300 1921)270,1925) 243W,1954) take your pick.

Comment

The next "big thing"?
                    Why don't I just go risk a couple mil in the stock market? LOL!

Anything I can think of would be a S.W.A.G., minus the "scientific".

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                      Do we know if that is for all manufacturers or just one ? I am surprised .40 is so low.

Comment

I think a 6mm-340Weatherby would be exciting, every time you pull the trigger.

OR, how about a 6mmX30-30 that would cycle through a model '94? Bring new life to the '94 in the area of varmint shooting.

Comment

This has to be factory loaded so there are a lot not even on the list, .257, .300savage, .32spl, hornets, and the list goes on. Where do they fall ?

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
                            This has to be factory loaded so there are a lot not even on the list, .257, .300savage, .32spl, hornets, and the list goes on. Where do they fall ?
                            They are all part of the "Picket Fence"of Cartridge's jimbo.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
                              They are all part of the "Picket Fence" of Cartridge's

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Strangers meet.
                                by 99explorer
                                A man is able to contact his long lost brother who he has never met.
                                They agree to meet in a crowded public place.
                                No identification markers...
                                08-16-2019, 11:03 PM
                              • OU football
                                by FirstBubba
                                Big G, thought you might like to know, I'm going to watch some OU football this fall.
                                The orthopaedic surgeon who rebuilt my hip is retired and...
                                08-16-2019, 10:35 PM
                              • True romance.
                                by 99explorer
                                A doctor and a bus driver are both in love with the same woman, a beautiful girl named Sarah.
                                The bus driver has to go on a long bus trip that will...
                                08-16-2019, 09:11 AM
                              • A question of standing.
                                by 99explorer
                                A man says to his father, "I'm standing behind you."
                                The father replies, "And I am standing behind you, son."
                                Could this...
                                08-15-2019, 01:59 PM
                              • Cashier problem.
                                by 99explorer
                                You are a cashier and owe a customer $41 change from a $50 bill.
                                You have every denomination of paper currency in the drawer except $1 bills, and...
                                08-14-2019, 03:39 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X