Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you guys save all your paperwork and receipts on every firearm you ever bought?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jcarlin View Post
    About a year or two ago before leaving on a trip, I made a video on my phone where I went through all of them, make, model, serial numbers and accessories, though it's probably out of date as the long gun list tends to be mildly fluid at times.
    I'd recommend pictures and description of the accessories for insurance purposes. If you've got good glass, or a red dot and a surefire on rifles, they may easily be worth more than the rifle itself.
    A video is a great idea to help show the attached accessories.

Comment

I keep all paper work and boxes. I have been doing this since 1963. The boxes are now taking up a lot of space.

Comment

Originally posted by PAShooter View Post
        I keep all paper work and boxes. I have been doing this since 1963. The boxes are now taking up a lot of space.
        PA Shooter, just in case of a house fire that could destroy your paperwork and your firearms at the same time, it may be a good idea to keep your firearm files at the house a family member. This way that both will not go up in smoke at the same time. ?

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Myles View Post
          Yes all paperwork plus quick review inventory sheets by caliber and type of firearm. Additionally, photos hard copy and on computer
          Happy, do you have appraisals on your firearms ?

Comment

Yes all paperwork plus quick review inventory sheets by caliber and type of firearm. Additionally, photos hard copy and on computer
            I have appraisals on most and also carry insurance on some

Comment

Keep in mind I travel by air often with firearms.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Firing squad.
                by 99explorer
                A man is shot by 12 members of a firing squad, and the squad officer administers the coup de grace with a bullet to the head.
                This final shot does...
                Today, 09:07 PM
              • Lost in the woods.
                by 99explorer
                You are lost in the woods and come to a fork in the road.
                One path leads to civilization and the other will get you lost forever.
                Two Indians...
                Today, 01:24 PM
              • Books on a shelf.
                by 99explorer
                There are several books on a bookshelf.
                If one book is fourth from the left and sixth from the right, how many books are on the shelf?
                Yesterday, 02:19 PM
              • Mental arithmetic.
                by 99explorer
                A bat and a ball cost $1.10.
                The bat costs one dollar more than the ball.
                How much does the ball cost?
                Yesterday, 11:57 AM
              • The new king.
                by 99explorer
                The queen has twins by C-section, so it is impossible to tell who would have been born first and would become the next king.
                Now the twins are adults...
                08-20-2019, 04:27 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X