Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you guys save all your paperwork and receipts on every firearm you ever bought?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you guys save all your paperwork and receipts on every firearm you ever bought?

Do you keep an inventory of your all your firearms, including the I.D. numbers, just incase you get robbed or for fire insurance reimbursement?

Yes. I have the information recorded in a bound book and in a backed-up Excel spreadsheet. The receipts are scanned, stored electronically, and backed up.

Also, I have backed up digital photos of the firearms with high enough resolution to see the serial numbers.

Comment

Yes,I have a list of make ,model serial# Great Idea PH on pictures , I use to not do this,but after a firearm stolen from me was used in a criminal act the police had it for evidence, when the trial was over the D.A said I could have it back providing I could show proof that matched the serial #, which I had not recorded. So I went to the police station that had it stored in the evidence room, they knew it had no use for them at this point, and I explained to them the gun had been fired and I would like to preserve its usefulness and integrity by swapping out the barrel,to which they accented. Now I keep numbers updated.

Comment

The last 3 or 4 I've bought, yes. Before that, I had no interest in keeping boxes or literature.
        In my safe (rated at 2500°F for 30 minutes) there is a list of all firearms.
        I carry a copy of that in my wallet at all times.
        There are also copies on my loading bench, my wife's purse and hidden in my vehicles.
        Make-model-s/n-caliber-scope-brief description and identifying marks.

Comment

I have a list with most with pictures of every firearm I have owned. Date, price, make, caliber, SN, accessories and disposition and selling price. Also have approx market value I up date every few years. This is all on CD's at a remote location.

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
            The last 3 or 4 I've bought, yes. Before that, I had no interest in keeping boxes or literature.
            There are also copies on my loading bench, my wife's purse and hidden in my vehicles.
            I am not too sure that having all of that information stored in your wallet is a real good idea Bubba. That same wallet also holds all the information as to the address and thus location of where those guns are located, which would not be good in the possible theft or loss of the wallet, jmo !

Comment

You beat me to it Rich. ?
              The wife's purse scares the hell out me also. ?
              Women in church leave their purse back in the church pew, when they go up for Holy Communion. ?
              My sister had a kid grab her purse in a run-by, but she held on to it with the kid letting go.

Another thing to worry about if a husband and wife have bad domestic feud and the cops come and ask "are there any firearms in the house?" The wife will say "yes here is the list of firearms written down by my husband." ?

Comment

Guess you guys married the wrong girl! LOL!
                My wife values/prefers firearms over jewelry!
                ...and don't put too much value on the word "list"!

Comment

Yes all paperwork plus quick review inventory sheets by caliber and type of firearm. Additionally, photos hard copy and on computer

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
                    I have a list with most with pictures of every firearm I have owned. Date, price, make, caliber, SN, accessories and disposition and selling price. Also have approx market value I up date every few years. This is all on CD's at a remote location.
                    Good idea abut the remote location.
                    The one time I needed all that information was when my house burned down, and I had to file an insurance claim.
                    All my paperwork went up in smoke.

Comment

Yes. All on cd. Several pics showing serial numbers and distinguishing characteristics of each. Pics of receipts as well on separate cd. Copy in gun safe, copy in home safe, and copy in safe deposit box at bank. If bought from individual I keep the bill of sale when one is offered. I never ask for one though, if they look sketchy I just pass on the deal.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
                        99, I have all my possession on cd's at a relatives house - all contents of every room of my house.

Comment

About a year or two ago before leaving on a trip, I made a video on my phone where I went through all of them, make, model, serial numbers and accessories, though it's probably out of date as the long gun list tends to be mildly fluid at times.
                          I'd recommend pictures and description of the accessories for insurance purposes. If you've got good glass, or a red dot and a surefire on rifles, they may easily be worth more than the rifle itself.

Comment

YES, Every one I buy & Sell and keep... ATF-B is a Mother F..ker about paper work.

Comment

I am just trying to protect your property brother. A women's purse is a weak link. ?
                              They leave them on the shopping cart seat also, while their eyes are searching for groceries. ?

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Mansion on fire.
                                by 99explorer
                                One of Jeffrey Epstein's mansions is on fire.
                                It has three main rooms. One is full of money in cash, another contains valuable paintings, and the...
                                Today, 10:04 AM
                              • Firing squad.
                                by 99explorer
                                A man is shot by 12 members of a firing squad, and the squad officer administers the coup de grace with a bullet to the head.
                                This final shot does...
                                Yesterday, 09:07 PM
                              • Lost in the woods.
                                by 99explorer
                                You are lost in the woods and come to a fork in the road.
                                One path leads to civilization and the other will get you lost forever.
                                Two Indians...
                                Yesterday, 01:24 PM
                              • Books on a shelf.
                                by 99explorer
                                There are several books on a bookshelf.
                                If one book is fourth from the left and sixth from the right, how many books are on the shelf?
                                08-21-2019, 02:19 PM
                              • Mental arithmetic.
                                by 99explorer
                                A bat and a ball cost $1.10.
                                The bat costs one dollar more than the ball.
                                How much does the ball cost?
                                08-21-2019, 11:57 AM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X